Should we consider buying into DVC?

...I read also that if I purchase while there my room rate is applied toward my dvc?
obviously that doesn't apply to a resale.

They did that when we purchased in 1997. But I haven't seen that incentive since then.

Another question, sorry for all of them by the way. You guys are giving me great answers which in turn is bringing up more questions, thanks for all the great answers.

As inflation increases and real estate values go up (hopefully) do you get more pts at anytime or you have to buy another contract to keep up with inflation?

The total number of points on a resorts point charts per year is a fixed number. What that means is that the points price may go up for certain room sizes at different times of the year, but it must come down somewhere else on the chart. So your 200 points now should get you the same vacation value every year for the rest of your membership. If you find the need to go more oftne and you're constantly borrowing points, you can certainly buy an addon contract to get those additional points every year.

The only part that should go up with inflation is your annual dues. For those it varies depending on resort but it's in the neighborhood of $4 per point per year.

The best bet is to think of it as prepaid vacations especially if you were planning a trip to WDW every year or even every other year. We have 400 points, and it was the best money I've spent I believe. Of course, I'm a Disneyholic, so my opinion may be tainted.

-Wayne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter