should we change???

poet123

Mouseketeer
Already booked into RPR for 2 days at the start of our holiday in July at a rate of $269 for a standard room, inc breakfast plus rollaway fee of $25per night. Reading on these boards that A) THE ROOMS ARE SMALL B) DARK has put me off, we are a family of 5 inc older kids of 20 and 16 and an 8 yr old. Will it be better to go for another of the hotels with bigger rooms???
If so which would you reccommend?
Where to book? we got the above rate`direct with the hotel is it better to go through an agent?
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I would recommend a deluxe room at the HRH. That's what we had with our family of 5 last year. It is a good size room, 2 queens and a fold out sofa, also a little hallway with a good size closet and plenty of room to store luggage out of the way. Call the hotel directly and ask them to check for any discounts that may be available and that you are eligible for, AAA, Annual Passholder, FL resident, etc. Last June I think we paid $224 with AAA.

I would suggest a deluxe room at PBH. They are the largest rooms of teh three. HRH's rooms aren't that much larger and with teh two queen beds I personally found it still tight with 5. In the summer, the other two pools will be packed . PBH has three pools and is more spread out. They also seem to be having the better deals lately. I would never pay that much to stay at RPR ,even though I love it very much.
The dark rooms at RPR shouldn't throw you off, it's very pretty with deep reds and creams. Rich woods, I find it rich not dark.

It's still pretty far away, I would try and see if you could get some better rates. Keep checking the website and call. ask for AAA, Fan Club, entertainment and annual pass rates.

:flower: I agree, it's PBH hands down. The deluxe rooms are beautiful and larger than normal. I don't know about the other 2 hotels. I just know we will stay at PBH when we return. Hope you have a wonderful trip! :wave2: Lisa

Do any of the deluxe rooms at PBH have both 2 queens and a pull out sofa? I've been hearing that only the deluxe kings there have the sofa bed. I know at HRH the deluxe rooms with 2 queens have the sofa bed. I know at PBH there will be room for a cot if we need it, but they will charge extra for that.

I don't think the two queens have the pull out sofa. I have never seen a room like that there and have stayed at PBH several times. Are you sure they do at HRH?
My deluxe room at HRH only had the two queens, I can't imagine it could fit a pull out as well.
My king room at RPR had the queen pull out with it.

We've got a Deluxe queen booked at HRH, and they have 2 queens + sofabed. 500 sf I think, so bigger than a standard room. A lot of people have posted that they fit 5 people comfortably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter