Should we change?

BCMom12

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! Just wanted to get some opinions on this one. We are booked at POP and missed free dining for October. I had originally wanted to stay at AoA but went with POP in the hopes that we would get free dining. I am considering changing to AoA just because it is so new and think the little ones might like the over the top theming. What are your thoughts? Never stayed at either. Is there a big advantage to one over the other? Thanks in advance for any insight.

AoA appeals to me. I think that little ones would LOVE the over the top theming (I DO!).

Either is a fine choice and you can always walk from one to the other, but I would move to AoA if it were me.

Since you missed the free dining at POP, I'd switch to AoA! We haven't stayed there but my daughter and I explored the resort in April. My daughter (4) LOVED it and didn't want to leave! I'm not a fan of the value resorts but because she loved it so much, I booked a Lion King Suite for our April '14 trip.

both are awesome and just across the bridge from each other. If you decide to stay at Pop you can still have the best of both worlds.

Thanks everyone. I'm reading things on here about fridges. Do these rooms come with a refrigerator? With a soon to be four and ten month old I really need one. When we booked it said they did but what's going on with them? Thanks!

Thanks everyone. I'm reading things on here about fridges. Do these rooms come with a refrigerator? With a soon to be four and ten month old I really need one. When we booked it said they did but what's going on with them? Thanks!

All WDW Resort rooms come with a refrigerator, however there was recently a recall on a good number of the refrigerators. None of the AoA refrigerators were affected by this recall, so if you opt to switch you'll have one in your room/suite.

Don't delay if you decide on AoA, The little mermaid rooms are in high demand, so if rooms are open for your dates, go ahead and book now, as you can always cancel in advance if you change your mind.

Personally I prefer the mods or a deluxe, but my wallet says value this trip so we have booked a trip in 3 weeks in a LM room! Honestly I'm pretty excited that the resort is new. The past few trips we have started out by booking a value, but switched :confused3 . We always have a great trip, and I hope you will too!

We stayed at POR on our last trip which was during our pre kid lives haha. With two kids the budget doesn't allow us to get out of the values. I will check on the AoA rooms tomorrow. We may not even be able to get one which would make the choice easier!!

I would do a couple things, see if you can get a room only discount at Pop or another value. .... Pop is right by AoA, and its an easy walk over there if you want to check it out, both are great resorts.

I would also look into Discounts at Mods. Is if just that your dates are blacked out ? If that's the case, its a tough shot. But if there is no difference in price, why not go AoA !??

Shaden

Thanks! I don't mean to sound dumb but where all can I look for that discount? We booked through a TA but I like looking for myself as well. And yes we arrive on the fourth and free dining stops on the second.

BCMOM .... right here !!!

20% off room rate !!! For Oct 4 - 11th dates I tried there is availability.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

I mean, its only $180 at the value, BUT, heck that's $180 !!! :) You could stay another couple days for that ! :)

Hahaha, the savings increases significantly if you book at a Mod, but at the same time, Pop is great :)

AoA is great! We stayed there in January. (You can see pictures in my TR listed in my sig.) POP is right across the bridge and we walked through there, so if you stay at POP, you could easily walk over and check out AoA. Personally, I preferred AoA (and so did my kids) just because of the theme. But a lot of people seem to like POP, too!

We loved AoA when we stayed there in Dec. We had a LM room and it was fantastic! We loved the resort so much we added 3 nights to our trip (in 9 days!!) just so we can stay there for part of our stay!!

We visited Pop and ate at their food court (which we loved!) but after viewing pictures of their rooms, it doesn't appeal to us. AoA, IMHO has nicer rooms, and newer always makes it better too! ;)

Shaden

Thanks so much! We are booked for a package so I don't think we qualify for that discount. Just had TA check and AoA is booked but we are within walking distance so we will def check it out. I think my little boy will love AoA with the nemo and cars sections. We are driving in so a walk over and dinner might be good for our first evening as we are not planning anything that day.

Shaden

Thanks so much! We are booked for a package so I don't think we qualify for that discount. Just had TA check and AoA is booked but we are within walking distance so we will def check it out. I think my little boy will love AoA with the nemo and cars sections. We are driving in so a walk over and dinner might be good for our first evening as we are not planning anything that day.

BC, that discount def applies to people with room, tickets, and meal plan packages !!!

Your TA should be able to make sure the discount is applied to your current booking though ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter