Should we buy bottled water from Orlando for our cruise??

sallymomo

Mouseketeer
So we are leaving for Orlando in like a couple of hours. Our cruise is tomorrow..:cool1::yay::banana:
I was wondering...should we buy bottled water from orlando to take on the ship or is it safe to drink the water on the cruise?? Also...if I do buy bottled water...do I just stick one of the luggage stickers on the packed crate of water and give it to the baggage people once we start boarding the ship?? will they deliver it to my room??

We tend to buy bottled water and bring it on the ship, but the drinking water is fine on the ship.

No, you can no longer slap a luggage tag on the case of water. You must put it in a suitcase if you want it delivered.

We tend to buy bottled water and bring it on the ship, but the drinking water is fine on the ship.

No, you can no longer slap a luggage tag on the case of water. You must put it in a suitcase if you want it delivered.

NO NO NO, (sorry dont wish to be rude, but incorrect advice on an important issue) Do not ever put it in a suitcase its against the rules, it must go through the x ray scanner at the port!!! They must be able to see what it is and it must not be opened.

In a suitcase, it will cause confusion to the security dogs at the port, they might think there is something else in it, and often it will split and damage someone else's luggage.

You can buy water in Orlando its cheaper, but water on ship is good, so you can refill say at the soda station.

Porters get told off if they take water from cruisers to load onbaord, but some have done it.

NO NO NO, (sorry dont wish to be rude, but incorrect advice on an important issue) Do not ever put it in a suitcase its against the rules, it must go through the x ray scanner at the port!!! They must be able to see what it is and it must not be opened.

In a suitcase, it will cause confusion to the security dogs at the port, they might think there is something else in it, and often it will split and damage someone else's luggage.

You can buy water in Orlando its cheaper, but water on ship is good, so you can refill say at the soda station.

Porters get told off if they take water from cruisers to load onbaord, but some have done it.

Sorry.

Not that long ago, we had water, and the porter **told** us that we could put it in our suitcase.

Obviously, we got bad info.

You could probably call me a water snob.....but I thought the water on the ship was very good. Better than some bottled water in fact. We bought 6 large bottles of water on board, and didn't use them all. It was far more convenient to drink the ship's water

Sorry.

Not that long ago, we had water, and the porter **told** us that we could put it in our suitcase.

Obviously, we got bad info.

I know, some of the porters will be accomodating, to help anyone and maybe ensure a good tip, (or not loose one), but DCL stoped this, as it does cause damage to luggage, the cases are stacked up, thrown aorund and of cause water bottles will just split, dogs are trainded to find water, liquids and food, ( as well as drugs) so it puts them off.

After the airline liquids scares of past years, you must keep it sealed and clear to view to ensure everyone knows what it is.

Through x ray scanner is fine.

Well, I'm glad to see security is alive and well, because we've done this several times without incident. Now we know.

YES bring a case of water and just carry it with you. It's way cheaper!! but it does have to be carried on. No big deal

In October, we brought an empty small suitcase, bought water in Orlando, stuffed it inside the suitcase, slapped a luggage tag on it, and it was delivered to our cabin.

When we left, we had an extra small suitcase to bring home all our souvenirs from DCL.

In October, we brought an empty small suitcase, bought water in Orlando, stuffed it inside the suitcase, slapped a luggage tag on it, and it was delivered to our cabin.

When we left, we had an extra small suitcase to bring home all our souvenirs from DCL.

It has occurred, but please no one do it, its against the rules and if a Porter is aware they will get a call from DCL, and be told off.

Do not put in a suit case, carry it on-board.

In a suitcase it can cause damage to other people luggage, it maybe yours! OK we are talking water here, but any liquid is the same, and many cruise lines refuse any food and drink on ship, DCL is good at this point, so we shouldn't misuse it.

most bottled water is local water purified by reverse osmosis process

most ship's potable water is produced by reverse osmosis processing of sea water...other is evaporation of sea water.

what you pay for is the plastic bottle

I couldn't understand why I could not keep a plant alive on my ship - until I understood that I was watering it with TOO PURE water. Water purified at sea .... plants didn't get the nutrients they needed.

We checked our case of water, no problems.

We used it for formula and cereal for the baby, though and to take on excursions. I quite enjoy the ship water (it is better than FL water...lol)

From the DCL website:

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line® reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage.

There it is, in black and white. Or rather dark blue and light blue, on the DCL site at http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/help/overview?name=ProhibitedItemsFAQLandingPage

Don't pack beverages in luggage you're checking in at the port. It's just plain inconsiderate to other people who's belongings might get damaged by it. In addition, if people can't follow this one, simple, tiny request by DCL, we might find that they change their policy to be like every other cruise line's and don't allow passengers to bring any beverages of any kind on board at all.

I didn't pack mine in any suitcase. It was exactly as it came from the store with a luggage tag slapped on it.

Besides we called them first and they said NO PROBLEM we could check it. THEY TOLD US to just bring it intact with a luggage tag affixed.

Sorry but if they tell me we can do it, and then we do I am not going to worry about them chainging their mind about it in the future. If they didn't want me to do it they would have told me NO on the phone. Or the porter could have refused to accept it. Or the baggage handler could have refused to load it onboard. Or the stateroom host could have refused to bring it to my room. I'm sure if my case of Zephyrhills was really such contraband one of the above would have happened.

The other cruise lines refuse to allow you to bring beverages onboard or consume alcohol bought in port and onboard during the cruise because they want to make more money off you, period. Of course maybe they care more about nickel and diming you since their fares are way less than DCL to begin with.

JMO.

We bring a few bottles of water, and when they're empty we refill 'em with ship water. I am fussy, but I can drink the ship water with no problem. DH usually adds Propel powder to his, not because it's bad but just because he likes the flavor.

From the DCL website:
There it is, in black and white. Or rather dark blue and light blue, on the DCL site at http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/help/overview?name=ProhibitedItemsFAQLandingPage

Don't pack beverages in luggage you're checking in at the port. It's just plain inconsiderate to other people who's belongings might get damaged by it. In addition, if people can't follow this one, simple, tiny request by DCL, we might find that they change their policy to be like every other cruise line's and don't allow passengers to bring any beverages of any kind on board at all.

:thumbsup2

We were told to never drink the water from the faucets. The water at the drinking station on Deck 9 is filtered and very safe to drink. We usually bring a case of water onboard and then rinse and refill the bottles as needed.

Please note DCL has a new restriction. You are allowed to bring your water onboard in a suitcase, duffle bag, whatever -- but YOU must carry it onboard as a carryon -- they will no longer let it be checked in luggage for delivery to your room. CM told me they have had too many incidents with leakage and they will no longer take responsibility for it. So we always have a carryon with wheels to throw the water in when boarding. It's well worth it to save money -- a case of water onboard is outrageous!

On our March cruise, i had the rest of our case of Dasani that we used 1/2 of while in WDW.. that bag was picked up at Disney and we saw it in our room.

I had called DCL about bottled water and after hearing the price of theirs; i said i'll bring my own.

I was planning on doing the same thing for our next cruise...

so i should now put it in our carry-on bags that we take on the ship ourselves??

doesnt seem like a big deal but is that you are advising we do?

thanks!

Yes, I agree you should put the water bottles in your carry-ons and bring them onboard yourself.

We actually took someone else's suggestion (from the DISboards) and bought bottled water (two 1 liter 6-packs @ $2.99 each) at the CVS in Key West. That was just the right amount for our family of 4 for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter