Should they offer Fastpass for PTN/Disneyland Forever?

Metalliman98

Mouseketeer
I'm sure, with the success of WoC and F! Fastpasses it must have crossed some exec's mind at some point. Obviously you'd have space issues, so you'd probably have to limit it to dining-related fast passes only , but I think it could be done. I for one would pay for it to avoid a three hour-or longer-camp out. Think they will ever do one?

No because you can watch either of them throughout the park. It is not just tied to one area like F! or WOC is.

Like in WDW, they offer Fastpass+ for electric parade & fireworks for preferential viewing areas. I don't find the idea objectionable, but I'm not convinced it's necessary. (I was one of those convinced that something had to be done about Fantasmic and find the FP system there to be an adequate fix.)

At WDW they offer too many FPs for the space available, so you still have to get there early to get a good spot within the viewing area.

We did the FP+ for MSEP and Wishes, and it was great. The people behind us who weren't in the FP+ reserved area though...not so much.

No. For 3 reasons...

1. A LOT of DL visitors are locals to southern California. A LOT of week day visitors to DL in the evening are locals who go there after work. They eat dinner there, go on a couple of rides, and see the nighttime entertainment. Putting in FPs for the Paint the Night parade and fireworks would make that a lot more challenging for a very good % of DL's target market.
  2. The new DL fireworks show is designed so you can see cool stuff in multiple areas of the park. This is a big plus for both So Cal locals and out of town visitors because you can see the fireworks multiple times and get a slightly different experience based on where you are. It's no longer totally essential to be at the hub in front of the castle or directly on Main Street.
  3. If I want to have to schedule a reservation to see a fireworks display, then I'll go to WDW. I love DL because you don't have to plan everything 3-6 months in advance.

I agree with VandVsmama, I love DL because we can just wing it when we get there and decide what we are doing based on lines, the moods of my family, etc.. Also, one of the reasons they did the fireworks the way that they did is so people can watch them from different areas, dispersing them throughout the park. We were just at the park last week and the crowds for the second parade were doable especially if you go toward IASW.

I agree with VandVsmama, I love DL because we can just wing it when we get there and decide what we are doing based on lines, the moods of my family, etc.. Also, one of the reasons they did the fireworks the way that they did is so people can watch them from different areas, dispersing them throughout the park. We were just at the park last week and the crowds for the second parade were doable especially if you go toward IASW.
How early do you have to line up for the second parade?

I agree that they couldn't do it on the scale of the current WoC/F! Fastpasses, there is no room and as you point out the issue with the locals. But perhaps something on the scale/price point of the old F! dessert package? My initial thought (from being in the park the past few days): the benches on Main Street. Either some dining related fast pass, or a special dessert type package. At a certain time before first parade showing (30-60 mins before, perhaps), clear the benches off for those who have the fast pass/package.

But on second thought, that probably wouldn't work. People who grabbed a bench the hour or two before without knowing they'd be kicked off would be mad, so they'd have to block the benches off 3 or 4 hours before hand......which would create other issues, probably ADA ones as well.

The best bet would probably be a small preferred section along the lines of the old F! Dessert package. I would pay for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter