• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should the fast pass for Dumbo change my touring plan?

Robin Hood

Mouseketeer
I've been using the same touring plan for the last 3-4 years at MK but should I change my touring plans because of the fast pass and additional Dumbo ride? We always head to Dumbo first and then hit Goofy's roller coaster and the rest of Fantasyland. We went back in June before the second Dumbo was up and it wasn't FP yet so my plan still worked then.

Thanks for any help!

Robin Hood said:
I've been using the same touring plan for the last 3-4 years at MK but should I change my touring plans because of the fast pass and additional Dumbo ride? We always head to Dumbo first and then hit Goofy's roller coaster and the rest of Fantasyland. We went back in June before the second Dumbo was up and it wasn't FP yet so my plan still worked then.

Thanks for any help!

Yes. You definitely don't need to do Dumbo first anymore. They're practically giving FPs for it away.

Any suggestions for what I should do first then? We are going with a big group and some ride the big rides and some don't but everybody rides the fantasyland rides.

Robin Hood said:
Any suggestions for what I should do first then? We are going with a big group and some ride the big rides and some don't but everybody rides the fantasyland rides.

In Fantasyland, either Peter Pan or the new Enchanted Tales With Belle first. Afterwards, either Pooh or the new Little Mermaid ride are my suggestions.

If you your child wants time to play in the play area, you need to use the standby line (fast pass line doesn't get admittance.) My 9 year old son uses a GAC and he's allowed to go in the fastpass line but doesn't want to ride Dumbo. Two out of the last three visits, we've been told to come back when it's not busy. On the last visit, a CM actually walked us up and explained what we wanted and we were admitted (with a pager which they just told us to ignore if it went off.)

mesaboy2 said:
Yes. You definitely don't need to do Dumbo first anymore. They're practically giving FPs for it away.

Not practically...actually. I got a "surprise fast pass" for it when I picked up FPs for the princesses last week!

Robin Hood said:

Grab FP for Peter Pan then go to Enchanted Tales with Belle. This week Peter Pan FP gave us surprise Philharmahic FPs. Winnie gave surprise Dumbos.

Enchanted Tales With Belle should be your priority if its something you want to do. The line for that seems to grow quickly. Went straight to it and was in the queue at 9:05 and queue was at 15 mins. By the time I was out of it, the queue was at 40.

When I went to Dumbo over the summer, it was very crowded, even before the new Fantasyland. My brother and mom waited in line for at least 30 minutes, so if there's a fast pass option, use it.

Not practically...actually. I got a "surprise fast pass" for it when I picked up FPs for the princesses last week!

Same here, except the FPs I was obtaining were for Pooh. When both the Pooh FPs and the Dumbo FPs came out, we saw the little printing that said "Surprise Fast Pass" which lead me to believe that the Dumbo ride must not be as popular in its new location as before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter