Should "right wing" political talk radio be banned from the airwaves?

Should "right wing" talk radio be banned from the airwaves?

• yes

• no

• Not totally but it needs more restriction (or fairness) via the "Fairness Doctrine"

• other/not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Enough is enough. You are now banned.

banned.jpg

First of all, I didn't vote, because none of the options given reflected reality.

It's simply amazing to scroll through the pages of this thread to see just how misunderstood the Fairness Doctrine is by virtually everyone here.

Don't take any talking head's word for it; go back and read the actuall doctrine itself. No host will be banned because of the Fairness Doctrine no matter how much they claim they will be. They're just generating hysteria, and many here are falling hook, line and sinker for it. The Fairness Doctrine merely states that if any station broadcasting over public airwaves chooses to carry programming with an obvious political bias to it then that station must supply an equal amount of time to the other side of the political spectrum.

B] The Fairness Doctrine merely states that if any station broadcasting over public airwaves chooses to carry programming with an obvious political bias to it then that station must supply an equal amount of time to the other side of the political spectrum[/B].

Do you also support this for television?

First of all, I didn't vote, because none of the options given reflected reality.

It's simply amazing to scroll through the pages of this thread to see just how misunderstood the Fairness Doctrine is by virtually everyone here.

Don't take any talking head's word for it; go back and read the actuall doctrine itself. No host will be banned because of the Fairness Doctrine no matter how much they claim they will be. They're just generating hysteria, and many here are falling hook, line and sinker for it. The Fairness Doctrine merely states that if any station broadcasting over public airwaves chooses to carry programming with an obvious political bias to it then that station must supply an equal amount of time to the other side of the political spectrum.

So Conservative shows would either need to be cut in 1/2 or we would have to replace 1/2 of them with Liberal shows.

That's the equivalent of saying rolling back the Bush tax cuts will not increase my taxes. Uh, Yahhh, they will. If that cut is 'rolled back' that means I'm not getting it anymore therefore I'm now paying more.

If a station is forced to air opposing content and the market for talk radio collapses because the advertisers bail out, it'll effectively put talk radio out of business.

The goal isn't to ban it outright, but to do it by proxy.

If a station is forced to air opposing content and the market for talk radio collapses because the advertisers bail out, it'll effectively put talk radio out of business.

The goal isn't to ban it outright, but to do it by proxy.

False conclusion.

Freedom of Speech

Nothing should be "banned" but if you don't want to listen then don't.

I have a friend who is a very well known national "right wing" political talk radio host. I have heard him joke about the liberals wanting to get him off the air. They haven't succeeded YET.

It's one thing wanting to get someone off the air, and another to ban them. Two completely different things. You can get someone off the air by not listening, not buying the products they sell(advertising) protesting to the people who sponsor them, the company that pays them, etc. That's not banning.

I voted no. Don't like it, don't listen. Same goes for the left wing stations. They each have a place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter