Should my family test the new MyMagic+?

WDWstu

Mouseketeer
We just got the invite today for the last week of October. Anyone out there have reviews of how it went testing these? Any bad experiences that caused any issues?

A few of things I was wondering about them:

The invitation we got to test it says that you can use it to purchase food at select locations. If not all the restaurants use it, then how do you use the dining plan? Do they still give you a card to carry around with your hotel key and park pass on it as a back up?

Are all the resort rooms accessible with the wrist bands or is it only rooms in certain buildings. I'd hate to get stuck all week in a building close to the main pool or good court just to test these out. I prefer to be a little further back from those places where it is a bit quieter.

Anyone find themselves back tracking more than they normally would in the parks to get to FP+ attractions that they scheduled earlier in the day?

I see a lot of people on here talking about wanting to get to be a tester, but not many reports of how it went. Any feedback is appreciated!

We just got back last Saturday and used them for 9 days. We used them everywhere we ate, we had been forewarned that not quite everyone was set up for them yet, but we never came across anyone who wasn't. They do still give KTTW cards as backup.
I actually thought they were awesome and worked very well!! My ONLY complaint is the MDE app was RIDICULOUSLY slow in the parks, with or without wifi on 4 different phones, sometimes it would take "forever" to pull things up. Back in the room at night, it usually was faster...not fast, but faster. Lol

The conditions are at least better (more options for use) NOW, during the tests,
than they likely will be when the system fully comes on-line.

Current testers are reporting being able to use their FP+ selections
AND
all of the regular FP choices that were possible in the past...
BOTH at the same time, on the same day.

When the system comes live, looks like that kind of duality of options won't be
available.

Thats a nice perk I guess as a tester to have access to both FP+ and paper FPs.

Anyone know if they have any other kind of access to MDE and managing your FP+ in the parks in case your phone battery dies?

Anyone know if they have any other kind of access to MDE and managing your FP+ in the parks in case your phone battery dies?

Yes they have kiosks where you can change FP+ in the parks.

And they have charging stations for your smartphone.

Yes they have kiosks where you can change FP+ in the parks.

And they have charging stations for your smartphone.

They have those kiosks like that at Six Flags up here. Its a pain because if you want a pass you have to hike over to the kiosk which is not that close to the ride and then hike back to the ride. Its almost too much of a bother to do it sometimes by the time you walk there and back and then wait for a little while in the pass line for the ride, you might as well have waited in standby line.

The charging station thing is neat, except how annoying would it be to have to waste time standing around to charge your phone so you can access you reservation info.

I guess the idea is kind of neat, but I still think I'd prefer not to have to deal with all this.

Yes! Here now and love them! We just thought about our general palm for our day and went with it, then filled in with regular FP. Def do them if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter