Should I use Online check-in?

biggroofy

DIS Veteran
We will stay in GF - we used to fax in our requests (e.g. Connecting rooms, ground floor, Sago Cay).

I've heard that if I use online check-in, our rooms will be assigned by computer system, and our requests will be ignored?

Please kindly advice.

Have used online check since it was available and never had a problem with requests. They are just requests anyway and not guaranteed. I find we have always gotten our requests when checking in on a Sat., but not so much mid week.

We will stay in GF - we used to fax in our requests (e.g. Connecting rooms, ground floor, Sago Cay).

I've heard that if I use online check-in, our rooms will be assigned by computer system, and our requests will be ignored?

Please kindly advice.

There is a new computer system, that does assign rooms. However, there is still a room assigner that does go through the requests; they are sent by computer. They no longer accept faxes, because it takes too much time to read through them, when the computer can sort them quicker.

Online check-in seems to be only helpful if you are checking in at a very busy time of day. Other than that, I would forgo it; it does require you to fill in a time of arrival. Since I arrive on a very busy Saturday after a holiday, very early in the day, and would prefer to wait for the room I requested, so I opt out of online check-in.

The automated room assignment is not just done for reservations that have been checked in online. From what we're hearing, it's done for most reservations.

Faxes have been out of favor for quite awhile now, most room assigners no longer look at them. There simply isn't enough manpower to handle the sheer volume of work, matching up random faxed pieces of paper with reservation records in the computer system.

I'd recommend calling 407-WDISNEY and adding your requests to your reservation. That's Disney's preferred process for making requests.

Yes. Use online check in.

I've installed these types of hotel management systems and in most cases rooms are preassigned before a guest checks in. It doesn't matter if you use online check in or not. (yes, I am a hotel computer systems geek)
The online check-in saves the front desk having to type in information manually and usually saves time, The check is time is much faster at hotels that use online check in.
Requests are not ignored, but they are only that, requests. The software takes normal requests into account and any requests outside of the norm are still handled by actual people. Online check in can actually help with your requests as you have "confirmed" your arrival intent once again. Even Disney has a few percentage of guest that do not arrive as scheduled and they plan for that. Guests that use an online check in are considered much less likely not to "no-show".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter