Should I upgrade to YC concierge?

GSTAN

Haunted mansion hitchiker
I have a ressie at the Yacht Club for May 17-24 standard view. I just found out I'm getting a big income tax refund. I was thinking of upgrading to concierge. Is it really worth it. Is it one price per room or is it per person. how much additional $.

We stayed yc conc. last year, because we were able to get it for the same rate as a dc discount rate for a standard, so it didn't really cost us much more. We could have saved quite a bit by going to another deluxe resort, but we wanted the yc/bc.
Well anyway we really liked the conc. but I couldn't justify paying more than $50/night more for it. I'd say keep your money and eat, drink, and be merry.
Rack rates, at $150 more per night, can buy alot of nice meals and other things.

I enjoy the amenities of concierge sometimes but at WDW I would rather eat in the wonderful restaurants. So I don't think the extra $100-200 per night over std view is worth it.

in a lot of hotel chains the concierge rooms are upgraded over the regular rooms....this is not true at WDW.......they are all the same. so you are just paying for the lounge. Which a lot of people use for meals.

I stayed at YC Concierge once and it was nice, but like another poster said ~$50 per night would be the most I'd pay extra for it.

Why not splurge on a fancy meal at Victoria and Albert's? That is really a memoriable and worthwhile splurge IMO.

Other than the continental breakfast, which can be purchased elsewhere for very little, the concierge at the Y/C did not seem worth it to my family. If you are at the pool, it is doubtful that you will walk all the way up to the lounge for snacks or cold drinks. Make your P/S before you leave, pack your own terry robe, and spend the extra $100 per day on great dinners or extra activities.

I've gotta say, I'd go ahead and splurge! I stayed in YC concierge 3 years ago, and I LOVED it! We had breakfast there every morning (there are 4 of us, so that made up for some of the cost). We had desserts and after-dinner drinks most evenings. We got awesome, huge cookies in the afternoons. And, whenever we wanted to make PS reservations, we went down to the concierge desk, and they took care of it for us. It all just made everything that much more magical for us. The only problem is, you'll be spoiled by it, and you'll wish you could do it every time! We've stayed in the concierge at Contemporary (complimentary upgrade - woo hoo!), Yacht Club, and Polynesian. Yacht club was definitely my favorite! The only one I wouldn't do again is the Polynesian one.

I say definately upgrade to concierge if you can!!!!! :)
Yacht Club concierge is my absolute favorite!
I stayed there twice last year, and will be staying yc concierge again this May 11-18th! It is wonderful. the lounge is very convenient, and has great selections. and the concierge staff... well, all I can say is that they are worth every penny and then some! imho, the cm's of the yc concierge are extremely nice, helpful and friendly!!!! :)

i would stay at yc concierge every trip if i could!!! :)

have fun!

Laura :)

24 days til WDW!!!! :) Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter