Should I try for a Wishes or Illuminations Cruise

thaggie

Mouseketeer
This will be our 5th annual trip to disney. This time I want to try to book a cruise. Which one should I try to get? any suggestions?

There will be 4 or 5 of us. My twins will be have just turned 7 at the time and aren't afraid of loud noises.

Thanks

This will be our 5th annual trip to disney. This time I want to try to book a cruise. Which one should I try to get? any suggestions?

There will be 4 or 5 of us. My twins will be have just turned 7 at the time and aren't afraid of loud noises.

Thanks

I prefer IllumiNations.

But the Wishes should be easier to get.

I've never done the Wishes cruise, but the Illuminations cruise is fantastic. They ride you around the waterways between DHS and Epcot and then park under the bridge that connects the UK to France in Epcot. So your view is similar to what you see in the park.

Since the Wishes cruises are outside of the park, your view is different than what you would see in the park. I have never done the Wishes cruise because I think that the Magic Kingdom fireworks are best seen in front of the castle.

Did wishes. had a great time. Just called at 7am today for Illuminations, first day open: sold out.

I have not done the Illuminations cruise, but have watched the show from the bridge several times. The bridge is not my favorite place to watch from because it seems the wind is often blowing the smoke from the fireworks in that direction. When that happens, the smoke obscures the view.

I have done the Wishes cruise and loved it! The boat captain will stop the boat right in front of the MK lined up with the castle. The view from there is amazing and I have seen detail to the fireworks that I can't see from close up, inside the park.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter