Should I stick with these ADR, or change them, recent reviews of the resturants?

zuba07

Earning My Ears
Ok, So I am having some second thoughts about the ADR we have. We are lucky and got some nice ADRs. However, reading a few reviews, and worried about a few of them. I am doing with my soon to be wife(honeymoon). So no kids. We have the DDP, so this is what we are planning. This is what I have selected.

First Night: Planet Hollywood, then Adventurers Club.
Using a 15$ off coupon, woot for AAA.

#2: Animal Kingdom, Dinner at Jiko's @ AKL. I have heard very good reviews of this place. - How much time should I plan between the park and AKL? 30 min, hour?

#3: Magic Kingdom, Dinner at Crystal Palace, Character Dinner. *This one I am unsure of, I mean, we are in our Mid twenties, and DSTBW(Disney soon to be wife) first time at WDW. I was excited for this, but then I saw some reviews on how Older folks can sometimes get ignored. Your opinions, any place in MK you hold in higher regards?

#4: Epcot, Coral Reef, I got this ADR because I thought the place was cool when I was a kid growing up. But I saw some really bad food reviews at Allearsnet.com, so I am really hesitant on this one. I know epcot has some very good food. Anything romantic my DSTBW and I might enjoy?

#5: Waterpark, Wolf Gang Pucks, then La Nouba. I think this one is fine, havent heard anything good or bad. We doing the 6pm La Nouba.

#6: lastly we doing MGM, and have a ADR for the Scifi Diner. I have heard good things about the 50s diner. This is the other one I am unsure about.

Anyways, any suggestion would be greatly appreciasted. Trying to fine tune this trip so we can cherish this great adventure her and I are on(Marriage), and so she will let me come back to WDW every few years.

I would recommend that you do not change a single thing if you think what you have is what you want based on "ANYTHING" said in these threads on restaurant reviews. The plus and minuses are all over the place and I think it's more a personality thing than a fact based observation. I only use these reviews to actually plan to go to a place based on what is said that interests me not the other way. :yay:

Flame suit on :thumbsup2 :lmao: :rotfl2:

Larry

There are as many people that love these choices as people who will hate them. If you like the menus and the ADR's fit yor schedule well, I'd leave it alone.
You know what they say about opinions...

I would just go with what you chose because of the menus, atmosphere & locations-and take reviews by others with a grain of salt. ;) I have been disappointed in places that get rave reviews and loved places that get "ehh" reviews.
Just a note on Coral Reef: Do you know you can get personalized menus and a diver in the tank to hold up a sign with a special message from you to your sweetie?! :upsidedow

sort of.

CP - I like the food at dinner. There is a wide variety of meats, salads and vegetables. I'm very picky about prime rib since I worked at a country club while in college and had my fill of some very good prime rib. The adobo pork is also good. The spoon bread is exceptionally good in my opinion. It's a good thing I'm not on a low carb diet. The part I can't address is character interaction as adults. I have only been there with kids and the characters have been fun. Everything I have read about other restaurants is that the characters treat everyone well.

Sci-Fi is a very personal choice. I love cheesy movies and I still remember the old drive-in concessions commercials when they were in use. (Being in your twenties you may not know what I am talking about. Think animated hot dog doing tricks.) The atmosphere works for me. The food is so-so. If you stick to the basics - hamburger/shake type things - you'll be fine. Besides those types of food are more consistent with the theming.

Jikos has been great when I have been. I haven't been to Coral Reef ever. (We go to the beach every year so that is where my fresh seafood needs are fulfilled.)

I also think your choices are very good. You have a lot of variety in there which will make it interesting and fun. I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon.

I agree with everyone who said go with what you want. Everyone has different experiences, some good...some bad. The only specific thing that I wanted to comment on is that I am not a fan of Planet Hollywood, I think their food isn't that good. I am basing that on everytime that I have dined at a Planet Hollywood restaurant, not just at Disney, but at other locations as well.

I hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

Hi,
It looks like you have a nice variety. I've only been to 2 of those so thought I would comment on those 2:
CP - We thought there was very good variety for a buffet. Also, don't be afraid to speak up and talk to the characters. I was there with 3 kids, but Eeyore is my favorite and I had on my Eeyore shirt. I told him how much I liked him and had my picture taken solo with him before the kids could get near him.:lmao: Anyway, show some enthusiasm and you usually get some in return.

Sci-Fi - We loved the atmosphere, thought the food was so-so. All of us, adults and kids, agreed we would return again but would stick with the milkshakes (great!), appetizers, and desserts. If you are on the dining plan, then you are all set. If not, I suggest sharing an entree if you want on (the hamburgers are their best choice, IMO) and trying the other foods which tend to be better than their entrees. It's definitely a fun place to try though and seems like a cool place to try on a honeymoon.

Have fun!

I've been wanting to stick my .02 into some of the negative reviews lately-

It's free dining. 95% of the restaurants are packed from opening to closing. Dealing with probably more people than they do the rest of the year. The CMs are trying to increase table turnover so that others don't have to wait (and so that others could have a chance to eat a table service meal period). People are hot and sticky. It might be raining. And there is a strange expectation that the restaurants should be as uncrowded and loud as the parks.

I know that there are other busy times of the year but it's definitely a combination... low park crowds + very crowded restaurants = some negative recent reviews

(and yes, I know I am making a generalization)

In my opinion, the restaurants in Disney are attractions in themselves, and based on that you have chosen a nice mix. I would only make a change if you see somethning that sounds even more interesting to you.

As far as Animal Kingdom to Jiko, I would allow an hour (or even a little more)which should give you some time to enjoy the Lodge. It is beautiful and worthy of a nice romantic stroll before dinner.

A comment about Sci-Fi vs Prime Time. At Sci-Fi you are an observer, but at Prime Time sometimes you feel like part of the entertainment. Depending on your dispositions one might be a better fit than the other.

Congratulations and have a wonderful honeymoon! pixiedust:

I too was hesitant about having dinner at Coral Reef after all the horrible reviews I read, but it was a great experience. The Cast Members there were excellent, and the food was great. For my appetizer I had the Sea and Land and for my meal I had the grilled new your strip. Both were excellent.

Your picks look great. I would not change a thing. Jiko along with California Grill is our favorite place to dine. We ate at Coral Reef last December and really enjoyed it. :)

You've made them, so please stay with them. Reading reviews will make you crazy. I always make my ADR's and forget them. Enjoy yourself!

those are the places YOU want to go to, so don't let the reviews change your mind - they're only someone else's experience - don't let reviews stop you from enjoying these places - they're attractions in themselves!

You can find a bad review anywhere - and you can find a good review of things you don't like too. I'd toss expectations out the window when you go - for good or for bad - and just enjoy what happens to you. Having overinflated expectations has ruined more than one otherwise acceptable meal at WDW.

#2: Animal Kingdom, Dinner at Jiko's @ AKL. I have heard very good reviews of this place. - How much time should I plan between the park and AKL? 30 min, hour?

I think most reviews of Jiko's have been positive. I would plan 1 hour between exiting the park and arriving at AKL. It's good to have a little extra time. :thumbsup2

#3: Magic Kingdom, Dinner at Crystal Palace, Character Dinner. *This one I am unsure of, I mean, we are in our Mid twenties, and DSTBW(Disney soon to be wife) first time at WDW. I was excited for this, but then I saw some reviews on how Older folks can sometimes get ignored. Your opinions, any place in MK you hold in higher regards?

We ate at Crystal Palace in July and I was disappointed. We were completely ignored by any character other than Tigger. On the upside the food was good and the service was exceptional. :cool1:

#4: Epcot, Coral Reef, I got this ADR because I thought the place was cool when I was a kid growing up. But I saw some really bad food reviews at Allearsnet.com, so I am really hesitant on this one. I know epcot has some very good food. Anything romantic my DSTBW and I might enjoy?

I don't know about this one as I have never eaten there. :confused3

#5: Waterpark, Wolf Gang Pucks, then La Nouba. I think this one is fine, havent heard anything good or bad. We doing the 6pm La Nouba.

I'd try it! There always seem to be good reviews of that one. :wizard:

#6: lastly we doing MGM, and have a ADR for the Scifi Diner. I have heard good things about the 50s diner. This is the other one I am unsure about.

I would personally cancel Sci-Fi and make ADR's for 50's. We had the worst food and service in WDW at Sci-Fi. :sick:

Anyways, any suggestion would be greatly appreciasted. Trying to fine tune this trip so we can cherish this great adventure her and I are on(Marriage), and so she will let me come back to WDW every few years.

Have a great trip!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter