• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I ride The Hulk???

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I promised my son I'd ride at least one of the coasters at IAO. I picked the Hulk only cause I'm NOT too thrilled about getting so close to another person on another roller coaster!!

Question.....How wild is it really.

How many loops are there and is there a floor to this thing???

Yes, THIS one has a floor! LOL!

I LOVED the Hulk! It is smooth and for lack of a better word.. INCREDIBLE! I DO like coasters but don't like to jerked around. This one ranks as one of, if not THE best I've ever ridden.

JMHO...

I lost count of the loops, anyone else know?

I'm sitting here LOL because one of the other Moderators over on Theme Parks had to tell me all about RNR at MGM!! I'm doing that for the first time too!!

Hey...I'm getting too old for all these loops and dips and no floor type things!! :) :)

As long as there's a floor I think I can deal with it and if you say it's smooth then that's ok by me! ;)

Thanks, you don't know how much I've been thinking about this and now I can "breath" a little!!

Hmm, the Hulk has 7 loops.

It is very smooth though, my mother likes it (she's 48) and she's not a big coaster person.

I should warn you that both the Hulk and RnR coaster have a launch. The best place to sit is in the front if you don't want the full force of it (at least, on the Hulk)

It's a lot of fun though!

BTW, the Hulk is one of the best coasters in the U.S.

Chris - tell me more about this "launch" thing. :)

If your mom likes it then I know I will cause I'm 50! ;)

I really have to tell you that I feel much more comfortable now getting on that thing knowing what I know thanks to you all!! :)

But do tell me about this launch...

The launch takes you from 0 to around 40 mph in a few seconds. It's about the same speed as a F-16 launches. The Hulk has no lift hill. You go forward a bit and then you are out of the tube!

The Hulk is fantastic. I'd chickened out of riding it on previous visits - but I built up the courage and rode it in May. It was so smooth, it was wonderful.

My only regret is that we left it so late in our vacation to ride it - that we didn't leave ourselves much time to ride it over and over again!

I really enjoyed it - I hope you do too

Karen
:)

Ms. WDW--I have ridden many coasters over my lifetime (31 yrs) and not one has ever made me sick, until Hulk. It is everything people in the other posts say it is, smooth, exciting, launch is terrific, etc. but I was so sick afterward my family had to take me back to the room to sleep it off. It ruined my lunch at Mythos, which I so longed for. A few other people posted the same thing so I know I am not alone. Take dramamine before you ride is my advice to you. Then enjoy!

I'm afraid I had the same experience as Ohisee! It is an awesome ride and I loved it! But - well - read my trip report! Day 1.

I plan to start taking Bonine the night before I leave for the park so I can ride Hulk over and over!

MS.WDW, I , too, am trying to get up the courage to ride either The Hulk or Dualing Dragons in Oct. I rode RnR last year after my son nagged me on and I loved it! I am 54 this year but I know if I ride I will be glad. My husband will not ride coasters. After reading about the Hulk, maybe Dualing Dragons would be better!LOL!:pinkbounc

I have just returned from two weeks at Disneyworld and my, and my 7 year old daughters favourite ride was R&RC. We thought, as most do, that this was to be a once in a lifetime trip but we are hooked on the thrills and hope to return in 2003 to do the Universal parks. How much more daring are the coasters at Universal and Seaworld in comparision to R&RC? What age do you think would be suitable to ride them? I know that they must have height restrictions but its hard to guess how tall a child is at a given age. :rolleyes:

The RnR Coaster launch is a lot faster than the Hulk, but the Hulk has more inversions and is a more intense ride. The height requirement for the Hulk is 54 inches, I believe.

personaly i don;t like RnR. I mean i have been on the hulk 14 times and it never gets old. but rnr gets old after 2 or 3 rides i get bored-quick!

It is obviously the inversions that get me. The Mindbender at Six Flags over GA had never bothered me. I can take RnR - but the first time I rode it I felt kind of funny. Always made sure I had something on my stomach after that. But Batman @Six Flags over GA and the Hulk have many more inversions and I just can't take them:( . Maybe next time I go I'll try the Bonine and see if that helps - because I really love them! They just don't love me back!:bounce:

I don't mind inversions but my 10 yr old DD sometimes has problems with her head bouncing of the restaints. I am glad that everyone says The Hulk is smooth. And she loves Batman The Ride at Great America so Dueling Dragons shouldn't scare her. Only 5 weeks till we go!
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

the thing about inversions is that if they are done right the only reason you should be able to know if your upsidedown is that you can see. the designers attempt to put all the g's in the center of your body-thus not putting stain on your head or neck. In the modern coasters you barley get nausiated:( .

DW mouser I'm not too sure I'd even go near Dueling Dragons!! :) I don't think it has a floor and if there's no floor there no me!!

RnR is on my list of things to do also and I'm quite proud of myself doing 2 new coasters!!! :)

32 More days till I go to WDW!!!!:p :p

I'm a <i>real</i> scaredy cat, and I <b>loved</b> the Hulk. Very smooth and just great fun. I did Duelling Dragons, too, but the Hulk is tamer (IMO).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter