• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I put ear plugs on my daughter during the shows?

SFMommy

DIS Veteran
I've heard that some of the shows at DCA are loud...Aladdin, Muppets 3D. Should I put something on my daughter to protect her ears? She will be turning 5 while we are there next week. I tried a pair of earmuffs on her today and was thinking of bringing them. Or do they make earplugs for kids?

Thanks!

What I have found to be the loudest is being near speakers during the parades and night shows. It is a lot like being at a concert where you have to speak up to talk to the person next to you.

I was worried about that too last time we went to WDW. DD was 6 and she is in the autism spectrum and some noises bother her, so we bought her the Peltor Jr earmuff (cute pink color and everything). Never wore them, es it wasa bit loud but she did not seem to mind. She only wore them during Fantasmic for a little bit and them just gave them back to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Junior...ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1304212494&sr=8-5

It's better to have some sort of ear protection (and maybe not need it) than to need it and not have it!

We've used adult sized foam earplugs (for some reason I had my sleeping earplugs in my purse during a "wow it's really loud I wonder if that's why my kid is flipping out" moment), and junior sized Mack's earplugs. Both work! They just dampen the noise, and you can often actually hear the words and even the music a bit *better* b/c the extra noise isn't there for you. Very helpful.

Also found it helpful on Nemo one bright and early morning...they had the speakers turned up to 11 that morning and DS was a bit tired and sensitive b/c of that. The earplugs turned something overwhelming into a better and quieter experience.

We use the foam ear plugs you can get at Walmart. Have been useing them since my DD was an infant. She is very sound sensitive, so these really help.

I have the Peltor Jr. earmuffs and love them. I tried the ear plugs but my girls didn't like them. Of course, they were 3.5 when I tried.

We don't usually use the earplugs during the shows, but do use them on rides where the speakers are right near your ears - Space, Screamin, Buzz. DS 13 and I use them regularly, we seem to be the people that get overwhelmed and a little cranky from the noise. :confused3 We just use the squishy foam plugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter