Should I pre-order at BOG?

DisneyDreamers3

Mouseketeer
Good morning!

I have been reading/following the DIS boards for months and months, and have learned so much! Thank you to all of the fellow DISers who contribute to the boards to make it an awesome resource for everything Disney!

Now onto my very first question on the DIS!

Me and the family have a lunch reservation at BOG and my pre-ordering window is coming up next week. I had planned on pre-ordering to make getting in and seated faster, but after learning about the changes to the QSDP (substituting dessert/drink for a snack item) I would like to sub our drinks or desserts for the soup.
Does anyone have experience with pre-ordering w/ substitutions? What's the best way to go about this?

TIA for your guidance...it's greatly appreciated!

We preordered for a breakfast and a lunh this past April. It worked great. We did not have any substitutions though. The lines to order did not look long. I would order there if you want to change your meal items. Have a great meal!

We didn't have substitutions but we did preoder and then change our minds so we re-did the orders when we got there without a problem.

You might consider preordering the "classic meal" and asking when you get there about substitutions. If you can't do substituations, you've saved a couple of minutes. If you can, they CMs will help you and you haven't lost much time. The kiosks are pretty easy to use.

We were impressed with BOG!

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate your help! I'm looking forward to our lunch at BOG!
We preordered and on our pre order we subbed out a dessert for a soup. When we arrived, I told her what I had done and how I wanted the soup to be part of my quick service entree instead of as a snack credit. She did it, no problem. :thumbsup2

We preordered and on our pre order we subbed out a dessert for a soup. When we arrived, I told her what I had done and how I wanted the soup to be part of my quick service entree instead of as a snack credit. She did it, no problem. :thumbsup2

HOLD up...can I do that with the french onion soup instead of dessert?!?!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Since the 2015 DP states that non-alcoholic beverages can be substituted for an eligible snack, which the soup is, I can keep my dessert but sub for a soup instead? If so, that would be awesome!
You should be able to, but through my experiences this week, it depends on who you ask. I would order it however you like, and if they give you a hard time, tell them you understand that the dining plans regarding substitutions changed at the end of May. If they are still unsure, they will ask a manager, who (in my experience) will allow you to do this.

You should be able to, but through my experiences this week, it depends on who you ask. I would order it however you like, and if they give you a hard time, tell them you understand that the dining plans regarding substitutions changed at the end of May. If they are still unsure, they will ask a manager, who (in my experience) will allow you to do this.

Thanks so much!!!

How will I know when it is time for us to pre- order?
I think you can order as early as thirty days out, but we preordered ours a few hours before our ADR.
When you go into MDE and click on reservations, then click your BOG reservation, there will be an area to click place or modify order. You won't see ithe button until you are within your thirty day window.

Just to clarify - for the BOG breakfast and lunch with reservations - is it a quick service or table service credit? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter