Should I plan out each meal?

Emmington

Earning My Ears
Should I plan were to eat for each night and book a table or is it best to see where I am each day?

I dont want to go to a restaurant and find I can be seated or eat for ages but I dont want to feel like I have to be back at a certian time if I decide go out of Disney for the day.

What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Emma :cutie:

When are you going and where are you staying?

If going during the end of August or any time in Sept-- I suggest making a reservation to te table service you want to eat at

We are going at the end of August (fly in on the 29th) and are there for 2 weeks.

Since it is your honeymoon, I'd definitely read up and plan some nice dinners...Not every day if you like to just see where you are that day best but a couple.

I've been planning so much I think I have even the snacks planned, but you definitely don't want to get shut out of eating at some of the places people like in Epcot. We're going with kids so our plan wouldn't help you much....I'd read some of the Dining reviews here, and pick a couple that look good.

Maybe California Grill at the time of the Magic Kingdom Fireworks one night?

I have one word "PLAN" It is better 2 PLAN then Not 2 PLAN. That way if you have reservations and if you choose not 2 go then you can cancel, but then if you decide O I think we should eat here and then there is no openings then you will have 2 Plan on something else

A decade ago, DW and I went in September for our Honeymoon. It was just the 2 of us, and there were no crowds. I never heard of the DisBoard, ADRs, or DP. We went and were seated without having to wait more than 10 minutes. With that said, I will be thankful or just say we were lucky. Either way, if you are in the off season with 2 people, you may have a good chance. However, if there are just some really special places you want to try, i.e., Cinderella's Royal Table, then make a reservation.

We now plan everything and make ADRs for our family of 4. And, while I enjoy the planning, I miss the spontaneity.

Your honeymoon is a special occasion. Make your ressies for maybe each alternate day at some of the places you would really love to eat and leave the rest for flexibility. You didn't say where you are staying but if you have some nice dining opportunities at your resort, you could look at a few breakfasts there. You will be there when you get up every morning so it shouldn't hinder your freedom too much.

We are going at the end of August (fly in on the 29th) and are there for 2 weeks.

You'll be there during Free Dining. Unless you don't mind having CS cheeseburgers or pizza every night, I strongly suggest making ADR's (Advanced Dining Reservations) now!! Some of the more popular restaurants (Le Cellier) are already completely booked for your timeframe.

Another voice who believes you need to make ADR's for any sit down restaurant in or near the parks that you really want to eat at. It is always possible to eat counter service, but table service restaurants frequently book to capacity, even at your own resort. They do not leave tables for folks staying at that resort.
It is your honeymoon. I would look at the menus here on the DIS and also at allears.net and make your plans ASAP.
The reservation (ADR) window opens 180 days in advance and some of the popular restaurants book up 6 months in advance.

We spent our honeymoon at WDW. We made some ADR's and then leave some dates/times up in the air. The more popular places you will fill up fast so book those. There were days we call good places, but not the most booked up places and could get a ADR same day about 4:00-4:30 pm for dinner. It was great. So call Disney Dinning while you are there for those last min ADR's. We would even call at like 3:00 pm and get a ADR for that night.

Places we like that book up fast are:
Le Cellier
Chef Mickey(all though if you are looking for a breakfast buffet, Cape May is really good too)
Ohana's
The Fantasmic diner package, I think fills up fast, we haven't done that one yet.

Emmington, congratulations!

I'd also agree with the comments to book ADRs. When I tell that to friends going to Disney, many of them groan, but we love it. In a way, it kinds of stretches the vacation a little. We read reviews, read advice, etc. And when we get there, the trip is really stress free.

We start by determining which park we'll be at each day and decide our sit-downs on that. Sometimes, like at MK, we'll leave the park because there's nothing there that really appeals to us and we'll head out (to Ohanas in this trip's case).

Both times we've been there, (but were in Apr/May), we saw lots of very unhappy mothers trying to get their family in to eat.

Things certainly fill up. We booked a little under the 6 months ADRs limit and could not get a supper booking for LeCellier any time during our trip.

Good luck!

You'll be there during Free Dining. Unless you don't mind having CS cheeseburgers or pizza every night, I strongly suggest making ADR's (Advanced Dining Reservations) now!! Some of the more popular restaurants (Le Cellier) are already completely booked for your timeframe.

::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

Ya you should plan for the meal as planning make the service more satisfaction. But these days there are so many restaurant you can go according to the mood and test you are willing to have.

Ya you should plan for the meal as planning make the service more satisfaction. But these days there are so many restaurant you can go according to the mood and test you are willing to have.

Not during free dining, trust me. You're going to wind up wasting so much time trying to find somewhere, anywhere that has availability for you to eat. Hot, frustrated, and hungry is not a good honeymoon mood!

If you are doing DDP or free dining you definitevely have to plan. Personally I plan TS restaurants every other day and same with heavier lunches. I really like some spontaneouity on vacation, I don't want to feel like I have to curtail activities just to go sit and eat. Also some days we just like to snack or do CS from place to place rather that have a big sit down. We like appetizers instead of dinner at times. This is why the DDP doesn't work for us, way too much food, too much time, and we seldom eat dessert.

It is a must in my opinion that way you can eat were you want. Book as soon as window opens and like others said cancel if you want to but believe me it is better to have a reservation than not. Happy Planning!
Great choices Calf Grille, CRT, Kona's love breakfast there!

Yes PLAN..It can actually be fun! I love it! Anyway, Id plan for most meals in whatever park you will be in that day or sometimes we will be in MK or EP and just hop on the monorail to the opisite park or a monorail resort like Poly, GF or CR for a meal, its a nice break from the parks. If your resort has a TS plan a night or two there. We are staying at CSR and booked Maya Grill for our first night so that it can be relaxing evening. We plan on doing EP than go back and change for dinner and maybe take an evening swim and then go to the lounge at CSR.

WDW trips are better planned so you dont miss out on so much BUT also be sure to leave extra time to relax in a hammock or by a pool, rent a boat, walk around DTD, golf, horseback ride, do the camp fire, check out another resort, carraige ride..WDW is a truly romantic place for couples!

We honeymooned in WDW and it was magical, we r going back for our anniverary and have planned a fantastic meal for the evenings as well as a night or two of going for drinks at other places, relaxing at the pool, ordering room service, maybe even a spa day..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter