Should I move from Pop to POR?

Kristmay

Mouseketeer
I can move from POP to POR for my free dining package of 5 nights for $300 more. Should I do it? I've only ever stayed at POP and I love it there, but I would also like to try another resort. Will I be frustrated with the multiple bus stops at POR?

I would do it in a heartbeat. I loved POR. The bus situation was fine for me. We almost always had to stand on the way to the park, but never had a problem getting a seat on the way back. We also never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus (but we're not rope drop people). You will also get upgraded from the quick service dining plan to the Disney dining plan by moving from a value to a moderate.

I can move from POP to POR for my free dining package of 5 nights for $300 more. Should I do it? I've only ever stayed at POP and I love it there, but I would also like to try another resort. Will I be frustrated with the multiple bus stops at POR?

I am with the PP - I wouldn't hesitate for a second! Aside from the upgrade in amenities at the resort itself (which would be worth $300 to me) you also are getting a BIG upgrade in your dining package, going from the Quick service plan that you will get at the Pop, to the Disney Dining Plan that will give you one table service meal in place of one of the QS meals in the lower QS plan. Which is worth quite a bit more than the $300 you are spending to upgrade. DO IT!!

I am with the PP - I wouldn't hesitate for a second! Aside from the upgrade in amenities at the resort itself (which would be worth $300 to me) you also are getting a BIG upgrade in your dining package, going from the Quick service plan that you will get at the Pop, to the Disney Dining Plan that will give you one table service meal in place of one of the QS meals in the lower QS plan. Which is worth quite a bit more than the $300 you are spending to upgrade. DO IT!!

I had actually upgraded my dining package with my reservation at POP, so the $300 does not include an upgrade in dining for me.

So it's 5 nights, 2 adults at POP in a standard room, with regular dining plan, for $1718 or POR in a garden view room, with regular dining plan for $2038.

I would absolutely move to POR! Even if you're not factoring in the dining plan upgrade.

If you two are getting up a the crack of dawn, eating a quick QS and heading out until close of park, crashing and then repeat... No..
The only thing you will see is your room. the only thing I might miss is the inroom coffee machine.. Beds are a full vs. queen at moderates.

Now if you plan on some resort time.. POR offers more of an adult resort experience.. there is the nicer pool bar, nicer pool, and the lounge in the main lobby. That is enteraining with live music. Also you have the boat to DTD etc.. Grounds are lusher.

Also you to admitt in today's crazy disney prices.. 300 difference is nothing.. it's a lot of money.. but in disney dollar :( not a lot

I also didnt find the buses at POR an issue.. yes you have multiple stops, but didnt bother me... nice stops too. covered etc... at the value you wait in a cattle cage like area, no cover etc...

If you two are getting up a the crack of dawn, eating a quick QS and heading out until close of park, crashing and then repeat... No..
The only thing you will see is your room. the only thing I might miss is the inroom coffee machine.. Beds are a full vs. queen at moderates.

Now if you plan on some resort time.. POR offers more of an adult resort experience.. there is the nicer pool bar, nicer pool, and the lounge in the main lobby. That is enteraining with live music. Also you have the boat to DTD etc.. Grounds are lusher.

Also you to admitt in today's crazy disney prices.. 300 difference is nothing.. it's a lot of money.. but in disney dollar :( not a lot

I also didnt find the buses at POR an issue.. yes you have multiple stops, but didnt bother me... nice stops too. covered etc... at the value you wait in a cattle cage like area, no cover etc...

We will be at rope drop every morning, but plan to hang out at our resort on arrival day (our flight gets in at 11:15 am). We will probably go to dinner at Raglan Road that night. We're also planning on spending only half a day at HS and coming back to the resort until dinner that night. I doubt we will be staying in the parks until closing the other nights.

I've been to Disney 12+ times, but this will be the first trip for my boyfriend and I don't want to overwhelm him. Which is why I'm leaning towards POR- it seems like it will be less in your face and hectic like POP can be at times. I live in NYC, so that doesn't bother me, but my boyfriend is a country boy!

In this case POR. Also as a couple you want quiet alone time. Values are loud and more screaming kids than at PoR. I've been to both. For some reason the values have more people action, running around, noise. At PoR you see less people about. Wierd as it's huge but yet calm. Plus night life is a boat away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter