Should I make a change to my booking?

richard3330

Cirque Fan
I put a post on the disney resorts board about my upcoming stay at WL and Poly for Xmas/New Year and I had some replies saying that The Polynesian 'just wasn't right for xmas' saying it didn't feel like it was christmas time and the decorations standard was poor. I could opt for a room at Portofino Bay, which has become available instead of the 7nts at The Polynesian.

Do you have any ideas on which one I should choose?

I have stayed at them both before, but never at Chrsitmas. We originally chose Poly for its location, but I wouldn't mind POBay, but we just can't decide!! I think maybe I should just leave it as it is but I don't want it to spolil the holiday.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Richard.

Have you thought of Wilderness Lodge - I expect that would be lovely at Christmas :D

Kaylee

Hi Kaylee,

We are already booked to stay there for our first week this Xmas!!!!

It is the second week in whcih we are wondering what we should do, maybe we should just have all 2 weeks at WL??

Thanks anyhow!!

Richard.

Can you splurge for the Grand Floridian? You have the same MK location, and the decorations are lovely there, I saw them last year - a beautiful Christmas tree :)

That's another option Penny, but that will be topping our budget.

Does anybody know what sort of prices I can expect per night at The GF?. We stayed there in RPC, in 2000 but didn't know about codes, disney club, etc, so booked direct with Virgin Holidays and paid an extortiante amount.

Another option may be Boardwalk Inn, does anybody know what this is like at Christmas?

Any help would be great.

Have you tried Mousesavers?? There is a code to quote when ringing up CRO (please don't quote it on the boards!) which gives upto 40% off rack rates. They are showing $199/night at GF but unfortunately the dates they are showing only goes up to 25th December with nothing for subsequent dates :confused:

Check out www.mousesavers.com and ring CRO and quote the discount code. It's always worked for me!!!

We stayed last year at the Poly from 10- 15th Dec and they had a huge Christmas tree in the lobby with decorations but I must admit I don't remember seeing much more. But to be honest, it seems you'll get your Xmas hit whilst being at WL which looks lovely.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

BTW don't forget to do IoA & Celebration village (it "snows" at both) and they look really festive.

Lisa

Thank-You Lisa for your help.

After all this, we have decided to stay at Poly for 4 nights and then POBay for 3 nights.
I'm sure we will have a great time, were else could be better than WDW for Xmas and New Year?!

Thanks Again,

Richard.

Richard

That sounds like the perfect solution to me - I know some people don't like to keep changing hotels on holiday but I think it seems a great way to experience all the hotels.

Good for you

Thanks Sam, hopefully it will be nice to experience more than 1 hotel on holiday at WDW, we've usually only done 1 or 2 before.

You don't have long to go now!!!

Well, the whole lot sounds pretty fantastic to me Richard! We'll expect full and concise reports on all the hotels you're trying when you return!

Astrid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter