Should I keep showing up at casting once a week?

rockaustin

Earning My Ears
I applied for custodial, attractions and merchandising and honestly I will take anything they have. I walked into casting last week all dressed up with my resume in one hand and a smile on my face. They looked up my application and just told me to wait for an email....that can take 6 months. I moved from Connecticut to Florida a week ago just so I could try to get a job there. I intend on working there no matter what and it has been my dream for years now. I applied to the college program 4 times and got rejected each time even though I know I am perfect for Disney. Should I just keep walking into casting every week to show them I'm committed? I just got denied a job at the Disney store via email. I've applied to other places like Publix, I re-applied at Best Buy with a year and a halfs worth of experience with the company. But Disney is where I want to be. I don't want to end up leaving Florida to go back to Connecticut with my tail in between my legs.

How did you apply for custodial, attractions, and merchandise? I was under the impression that you can only apply for one hourly role every six months. If I can apply for more than one, I'd really like to know!

So, if you repeatedly show up at Casting looking for a job, AFTER they've told you their hiring process, I guarantee you won't get an offer. You may think you're are showing committment, but they will perceive impatience and become annoyed. Disney is a large company that processes a large quantity of job applications on a daily basis. They go at their pace, not yours. Your best bet is to apply and wait.

It asked me to choose two others.

Thanks, good to know. I haven't applied yet because I'm in the process of moving from Ohio to South Carolina for a few months, and then down to Florida, so I wanted to wait to apply until I'm closer in case they ask me to come for an interview. So good luck to both of us! :)

1) As mentioned, Disney does have its own method and pace.
2) But, you might want to ask why you aren't hired.
3) WDW is hiring like crazy right now.
4) There must be another reason.
5) Especially, you
. . . didn't get accepted four times for CP
. . . didn't get a Disney Store job
. . . didn't get into Publix, Best Buy, etc

Relax bro, it hasn't even been two weeks. I only applied at these places...I didn't accept the Publix job though.

1) As mentioned, Disney does have its own method and pace.
2) But, you might want to ask why you aren't hired.
3) WDW is hiring like crazy right now.
4) There must be another reason.
5) Especially, you
. . . didn't get accepted four times for CP

. . . didn't get a Disney Store job
. . . didn't get into Publix, Best Buy, etc

This stood out at me the most. There has to be reason why you didn't get hired, they are choosy for the program but not so much at the same time. Honestly you might want to re-think your career plans.

I'm assuming this means you applied on-line already, passed the WBI, passed the in person interview, and are now on the waiting list.

Did you ask Casting which roles current have openings? Are you only willing to accept FT, or will you accept Part Time? Food & Beverage and Housekeeping tend to have more openings than the roles you listed.

The roles you applied to are all union roles, so they have to follow very stringent hiring processes. You could sit there all day long, but if you're not next on the list, you're not going to get the offer. There's nothing you can do to change that. Visiting everyday will come off as an annoyance rather than persistence.

CP is A LOT harder than getting an actual part-time or full-time job at Disney. I'm sure they had a good reason to not accept me as a CP. As far as reconsidering my career plans...no thanks. I'm made for Disney and I WILL get the job just as long as they set up and interview for me. That's all I have to worry about. There is no web based interview anymore, not right away anyways. Now all you do is apply online...and then wait. That's it. It's awful. People have said it usually takes them about 2 weeks if they really need help.

If you are truly are made for Disney and are willing to do anything, get involved in housekeeping. Yes it's arguably the most physically challenging job out there, but, you have great hours (8-4:30) and lots of opportunities for overtime. Not to mention its one of the highest paid hourly jobs starting out (just under $9/hr). This role also has a lot of turnover so they are always looking for people. After you spend 6 months in that role, you can transfer somewhere else.

For starters, I'd stop posting on the DIS. The powers th.at be at Disney read this board. More than one cast member has been admonished and/ or fired for what they posted here.

Your post reeks of desperation, which won't go over well with those who do the hiring.

My advice? Taked the job at Publix, you can always quit that job if a job at Disney is offered to you.

Did you ever inquire as to why you were denied for the CP for times? The CP is not "A LOT harder to get than a regular part time job" - they're just looking for certain things, and many of those things are the same things that they look for in CR or FT CMs.

I'd start with that - email your recruiter and ask for feedback on your interviews. Explain that you're trying to work for Disney and that you want to improve yourself.

And your posts go back and forth from desperation to arrogant condescension. If either of those came off in your interviews, I can imagine why you may have been turned down. Maybe work on an attitude adjustment (starting with the mantra: Disney is not the end-all, be-all. I can not work there and still be successful and happy) and do some mock interviews? Your college alumni association can probably help

Good luck!

CP is A LOT harder than getting an actual part-time or full-time job at Disney. I'm sure they had a good reason to not accept me as a CP. As far as reconsidering my career plans...no thanks. I'm made for Disney and I WILL get the job just as long as they set up and interview for me. That's all I have to worry about. There is no web based interview anymore, not right away anyways. Now all you do is apply online...and then wait. That's it. It's awful. People have said it usually takes them about 2 weeks if they really need help.
Just want to clarify that Disney does indeed still do a web interview. The present steps are: apply for a job on line--after submitting the application, if you are considered a strong applicant you receive an email from Disney with instructions on how to complete the web based interview. If you pass the web base interview then you will receive another email from Disney with instructions on how to set up a face to face interview at the Casting Center. At the face to face interview, if Disney wishes to hire you and they have a position that they feel you are suited for--they will offer you a job. At this same face to face interview--once you have accepted the job--then you will fill out beginning paper work, and you will pick your schedule (if you are a PT CM working 3 days a week. The recruiter will also set up dates for you to be finger printed and a date for Traditions.
Later that day or the next day, you will receive another email with instructions on how to fill out all the remaining paperwork required of a new hire. All the documents are completed on line and are signed with a e signature.
On the date that fingerprints are done, a photo for your CM ID will also be taken and a few other paper docs are completed during this appt.
The last step is orientation--Traditions where you become a full fledged CM.
My DD applied on a Monday, she did the web based interview on Tues and had a face to face interview on Wed--where she was hired as a CM. Her fingerprinting was done a week later and she went to Traditions the following week. After Traditions she had 3-4 days of on the job training.
This all occurred the beginning of June 2013--she has been a CM a little over a month now and she absolutely loves it!!
Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Did you ever inquire as to why you were denied for the CP for times? The CP is not "A LOT harder to get than a regular part time job" - they're just looking for certain things, and many of those things are the same things that they look for in CR or FT CMs.

I'd start with that - email your recruiter and ask for feedback on your interviews. Explain that you're trying to work for Disney and that you want to improve yourself.

And your posts go back and forth from desperation to arrogant condescension. If either of those came off in your interviews, I can imagine why you may have been turned down. Maybe work on an attitude adjustment (starting with the mantra: Disney is not the end-all, be-all. I can not work there and still be successful and happy) and do some mock interviews? Your college alumni association can probably help

Good luck!

I completely agree with this post. And you do have to do a web interview before they even offer to set up an appointment to interview. If you don't pass the online interview you won't be offered an in person interview. Back when I did my 1st CP we just did a phone interview. When I did my summer CP they had just changed everything across the board to the web interview then the in person interview (or phone for CP and PI applicants).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter