• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I go ahead and change from POP to POR?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
We have October reservations for POP Century, mainly because my sister is going and she is on a budget, so we are saving a few hundred at staying at POP instead of our usual POR.

**BUT** the last three years they have offered free dining during that time period - so, financially if they offer FD, it will be the same price to get POR with dining, as it would to stay at POP and upgrade from QS to regular dining..

Should I just go ahead and change to POR or wait? Id hate to wait and there not be any POR rooms left?

LisaTN said:
We have October reservations for POP Century, mainly because my sister is going and she is on a budget, so we are saving a few hundred at staying at POP instead of our usual POR.

**BUT** the last three years they have offered free dining during that time period - so, financially if they offer FD, it will be the same price to get POR with dining, as it would to stay at POP and upgrade from QS to regular dining..

Should I just go ahead and change to POR or wait? Id hate to wait and there not be any POR rooms left?

Rumour has it that free dining won't be offered at the value resorts and that only QS will be offered at the moderates.

Rumour has it that free dining won't be offered at the value resorts and that only QS will be offered at the moderates.

Yes, I've heard this too, which is another reason I'm wondering if I should just swap resorts now.. a little sad, I've always wanted to try out POP. But even with free QS we would save more with the free dining... oh decisions decisions!!

LisaTN said:

If there is no availability at por then you won get a discount. They don't apply a discount to your current reservation, they book you one under the discount and then cancel your existing room. They only release a certain number of rooms at the discount and that depends on the availability. So if the resort is near capacity they likely won't offer discounted rooms. You are best to book what you can afford without a discount and then upgrade when discounts come out.

Latest rumour, as u have probably heard is free dining starting sept. 2, with QS for values and regular for moderate. Supposed to be available to book May 9. Here's hoping.

I can't really offer any advice because the Free Dining is very different here in the UK, but I would be very wary of buying into any rumours at this point. There were rumours that the free dining deals in the UK would be different this year and they are exactly the same as they were last year.

Personally speaking here... I booked what I could afford without any discounts (I'm also going in October). I'm hoping for a hefty room discount to upgrade to deluxe, but for now, POR it is... if there's no availability at that time, well, we're still gonna have a GREAT time!

PS- We stayed at POP last year, and it's a great resort! JMO- splurge for perferred rooms...others will disagree with me, but they put us in the 50's building right by the lake. We couldn't have been farther from Classic Hall. Not ideal when you've been walking all day in parks. We didn't really even use our refillable mugs. Other than that--very cute resort. I've been waffling about changing to POP for our October trip.. I'd save about $600.. but DS wants a pool slide :)

this may seem like a silly question but i was wondering if there is a coffee pot in the room @ por riverside, its one of my deciding factors lol:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter