Should I freak out yet about the availablity of site for the week of Christmas?

HotMouseLove

Earning My Ears
Trying to spend Christmas at FW and WDW. :) We've always gone in December and never had a problem booking...as late as October. This is the first time we've tried Christmas week and at 10 months out...NOTHING! :badpc: Do I play the waiting game and pray or do I scrap it and pick another week? Please advise!!:worship:

Thanks!

Chances are if there is no availability now you should opt for a plan B. Christmas is very popular and books up 11 months out. Which also means its very very crowded. I have an Uncle who works at MK and this year they were turning people away by 11:00 a.m. because they had reached capasity. When it gets this crowded the only folks allowed it were those staying at Disney. This was the pattern the whole week of Christmas. So if you are lucky enough to get a room, plan to be at the parks as soon as it opens!!!

Keep trying, vacation plans change and get adjusted
You can call or check online, I have been lucky both ways
its all about timing. For example, you calling to reserve a site and some else canceling at the same time. I think you still have enough time.

Trying to spend Christmas at FW and WDW. :) We've always gone in December and never had a problem booking...as late as October. This is the first time we've tried Christmas week and at 10 months out...NOTHING! :badpc: Do I play the waiting game and pray or do I scrap it and pick another week? Please advise!!:worship:

Thanks!

Pick your 2nd choice, book, then keep trying for cancellations on the week you want. Cancellations *do* happen when bookings are that far out. pixiedust:

Thanks!

There are Partials available arriving Dec 22 Sunday with a 30-day reservation (any type of site you can get you can book up to 30 days and later drop unwanted days). That's all.

Up to you what to do. I would book plan B but keep trying to check back and get whatever you can. You might be able to piece it together as long as they are the same site type.

Other people know the details about cancellation windows but I think packages cancel at the 45- or 90- day window (pay in full or cancel) so folks correct me on the window. Ressie only are about a week before arrival. So if you check as soon as the cancellation windows open up some availability you might possibly snag something. But it might come down to the last minute.

Bama ED

It's 45 days, pay in full or lose your reservation. pixiedust:

Don't give up!

I would call and grab what ever days are available and keep checking about adding days. Around November days will start opening up. Since you can cancel 10 days out and get a full refund, I think some people will reserve a site just in case and then decide what they are doing for Christmas when the family gets together for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving with family can be a strong factor toward a get away at the fort!:lmao:

Some reservations must be opening up, I just called to modify my christmas reser. Just added another 5 days, so we will be checking in on the Dec. 16 instead of the 21.:banana: Just keep trying, and good luck.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter