Should I even go here???

mollyjo

Earning My Ears
Well--we're back. Our cruise and WDW trip was a blur of fun, great memories and way too much food and drink. I'd love to write a full trip report, but for now this post will have to do. Some tips and observations that I can note:
1) I found the Oceaneer Club far more accomodating than I had last year. Some of you will remember the firestorm I started by asking about their policy to page as I saw it "at the drop of a hat." I was paged twice for my 3 year old, once, his first time in club and separated from his older brother--he was incosolable. I could tell that they had tried to calm him, distract him, and called only when it was apparent that he was not going to stop. He needed me and I was happy to take him. The second time--and I kid you not--I got paged as I was walking into Palo--is that divine justice or what??? Anyways--he had had a potty accident and they were so great about it. They just wanted me to bring him new clothes as they knew where we were. When I got there, his CM ( I cannot remember her name unfortunately) was so awesome. As I walked in she informed me that she had already talked to my son and he was ready to stay so Mommy could have a date. I didn't have to say a word. As my DS started to cry when I left again, she picked him up, walked back toward the play structure and told him he was going to be fine--which he was, right after I left. I was really happy with the care he received.
2) Small tip--we didn't realize until the 3rd day that there was open space under neath our queen bed in the room. I know--call us boneheads--but it is great to know ahead of time if you are like us and might just keep stacking things in the closet.
3) They still do pillowcases as of now on the Wonder--I mean awesome signatures, all the characters and so easy. Drop off at Guest Services, pick up at Guest Services.
4) Surrial Bath Spa Treatment--very fun.
5)Conch Coolers--even better than I had remembered.
6) Atlantis--maybe it was the time of year, but we were able to walk up at the hotel and get a day room for 214.00--with six wristband. It was very worth it. The aquariums and water slides were very worth it for our family.
7) Ironing--my husband and I got 7 items ironed on the first day ( delivered back on Day 2 in the afternoon) and it was less than $20.00--very worth it.
8) Room service--never ordered it last year. Ordered every day at least one this year--the kids loved the PB and J and fruit plate. It was a nice break from hot dogs and chicken strips.
9) Disney Dreams--still makes me tingle.

Off to Little League, back to reality--boo hoo, but what fun we had. MJ

Sounds like a grand trip - You are making me very impatient waiting for my turn!!!:mad:

Glad you had such a great time - Welcome back!!

Mollyjo, what time did you get to Atlantis? Was there a specific room category that enabled you to get 6 wristbands? How much did it cost to get from the ship to Atlantis? What are all of the things that the wristband enables you to do?

We arrived at Atlantis around 11:00 am. It is a $4 per person taxi ride to get there. It only takes about 5-7 minutes by road. We did not ask for anything in particular--I believe our room was is the Coral Tower--quite honestly, we never even went up there. Our room was only valid until 6:00 pm, they call it a day room. The process is that you get room keys, then when you are out at the pool you get wristbands and towels by showing your room key. We had two room keys so my husband took himself and the boys (all four) and I went separately after changing and got my towel and wristband. We weren't trying to be sneaky or anything, and they didn't seem to notice or care. I didn't have the impression from reading these boards that it could be that easy--which is why I thought maybe it was a slow day?? I'm not sure, but it really was relatively easy for us. Good luck! MJ

Hi Mollyjo,

I was just wondering what the deal is with the pillowcases, is it just that simple drop off at customer service desk? Do you know if they do it on the Magic?

Hey could you give some more information on what the price was for the day rooms at the Atlantis, and what perks you receive with the rooms? Thank you in advance.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter