Should I do the MK Photo Shoot or not?

BaBeeCee14

DIS Veteran
DF and I are planning to do the MK phoot shoot 2 days after our wedding. The thing is that there are a few circumstances that are making me rethink this decision.

1. There are 2 particular photographers I was interested in having for the shoot. Paul Looper and Ty Boyce. My planner just informed me that Paul no longer works for the company and Ty is not available on the day we want to do the shoot. Can anyone else recommend a good Disney photographer?

2. My planner also told me the crane is back up :headache:. I do not want to pay $1000 for a photo shoot that has an ugly crane right behind the castle. For those of you who had this happen, what was the outcome of the pictures? Were they able to photoshop them out for you?

What would you guys do in this situation? Would you still get the shoot or not?

Aww that stinks about the crane!!!

I had Regina, I don't know her last name, do our honeymoon shoot in MK. She was great and I was happy with all of my pictures.

Honestly? No.

1k is a LOT of money when you can't have a photog you like AND the ugly *** crane is there..

JMO..

Good luck!

I would ask for Amy. She was Paul's backup and he told me she was amazing! I would make sure they will photo shop the crane out, but I think someone has said before that they take it out. I too was on the fence about the pictures, but I can't imagine not having them now.

I don't, but Disney will know who she is. Make sure you tell them Paul's backup. I think someone on here had her, but can't remember. Like I said, Paul raved about her.

Thanks Kendra - I will ask my planner if Amy is available on that day and if they will photoshop the crane out. Ugh - I hate that crane :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had Amy from Disney for their pictures?

I highly recommend Mike Stickland. He did an excellent job for my daughter's wedding in May. The pictures turned out beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also used Disney videography as well.

The crane is a construction crane I guess, it is basically taller than the castle and is very noticable. Its up for various reasons I think, alot of times for removing and adding new decorations. It was there on day during my site visit and then down the next, and then up again.

I don't think the crane is there just around a certain time of year, because it can be one day and down the next. It might however be up more often around this time because they are gearing up for the next 'theme' Celebrations

My WP assures me if the crane is up for the shoot they will photo shop it out of the pictures. :thumbsup2

we had ty 3 weeks ago for ours and a crane was up which we didnt get told about! they were also shooting an advert down mainstreet

We were a little dissapointed in it really. we havent seen the pics yet but we had misty for our wedding and know they are not going to be as good

I have heard great things about Amy and I believe her last name is Adams. I will be requesting her along with Ty Boyce.

The crane is a tough issue. I saw some photos of a wedding at the WP and the crane was in the background around the castle, and it is a little distracting to the eye.

But I think if they can photoshop it out, then that's not too bad! They might be able to get certain angles and shots that minimize, if not completely block out the crane so there's always that.

Have you considered an epcot photoshoot? the countries offer some breathtaking photo ops! Its no Cinderellas Castle, but its also not every day you can get your picture taken in Italy, Japan, and Morocco all in the same day too! ;) lol. I am very excited for my epcot photoshoot! We would have choosen italy for our ceremony location, but you can only get married there at 9 am, and that's just too early for us. But its just so beautiful there, and with the photoshoot there two days after our wedding, we'll still get those photos! Just another option. Also, I believe its cheaper to do the photoshoot at epcot.

I have heard great things about Amy and I believe her last name is Adams. I will be requesting her along with Ty Boyce.

The crane is a tough issue. I saw some photos of a wedding at the WP and the crane was in the background around the castle, and it is a little distracting to the eye.

But I think if they can photoshop it out, then that's not too bad! They might be able to get certain angles and shots that minimize, if not completely block out the crane so there's always that.

Have you considered an epcot photoshoot? the countries offer some breathtaking photo ops! Its no Cinderellas Castle, but its also not every day you can get your picture taken in Italy, Japan, and Morocco all in the same day too! ;) lol. I am very excited for my epcot photoshoot! We would have choosen italy for our ceremony location, but you can only get married there at 9 am, and that's just too early for us. But its just so beautiful there, and with the photoshoot there two days after our wedding, we'll still get those photos! Just another option. Also, I believe its cheaper to do the photoshoot at epcot.

I agree... I LOVED our Epcot photoshoot! :love: Of course, I could understand if you really wanted the MK shoot though! For us, Epcot was our first choice....

Thanks so much for helps ladies. I requested Amy to be our photographer for the shoot - so hopefully she will be available that day. I love the idea of an Epcot shoot and we were thinking about doing that as an add on to the MK shoot. Having a pictures in front of the castle is something I have always wanted so I can't really imagine not doing it. The whole crane thing really sucks but I hope they will do everything they can to photoshop it out.

For those of you who did a 2 park bridal portrait - did you get 2 sets of the folios that are suppose to come with it? I know when you do the MK shoot, you are suppose to get 12 4x6 photos. So if I did the Epcot shoot also, would I get another 12?

I think that if you can afford to add it you should do the MK shoot because its something that you can never do again. If you don't want to spend that amount of money, Epcot is also another great place to get pictures with all the countries and HS is also great. I actually just added HS to my photo shoot. We were doing the MK shoot from the beginning but when I heard that you can add another park for 300.00 more I had to do it! I thought HS was kind of cool and I am hoping to get pics in front of Star Tours since DF and I are Star wars fans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter