Should I do it?

Sazzo'sMommy

DIS Veteran
My 3 year old DD princess: is soooooo into all things WDW and Christmas :cloud9: that I am thinking of taking her, by myself, to WDW from 12/20 to 12/23, so we can do MVMCP, EPCOT's Holidays Around the World, and Osbourne Family Lights at MGM. :goodvibes I think she would absolutely love it all and I am going to book through the best rate program, as we have annual passes.

DH wants us to stay concierge, because he feels that we would be "well taken care of" at all times, and therefore, he would not worry as much. :rotfl: Hey, that's fine with me! ;) So, here is my real question:

At which concierge would you stay and why? Tell me about the decorations and the like too, if you know! :wave2:

Thank you! :earsgirl:

I can't tell you about the concierge thing, but I can tell you, you and your DD will have a wonderful time!

It's gorgeous at Disney at Christmas, the decorations are just awesome!
I bet she will really like the Osborne lights at MGM. Incredible!

Also I took my princess loving six year old niece to Disney by myself and we had a WONDERFUL time. It was so fun it being just her and I and she felt so special! -- I thought it would be a little weird not having another adult to talk to, but it wasn't at all and my niece loved being the center of my attention for five days.

Have a great time!!!!!!! princess:

First, you might inquire to what concierge lodging is available during the dates you desire to visit. No reason to get your expectations set on a concierge service which you find out when you attempt to book isn't available.

Polynesian Concierge and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge score high and realize the CR and GF have two level of concierge. The WL concierge is also consider Light.

I would definately stay on the monorail route or WL. Great for MK and Epcot. I would suggest Poly, but I don't know if it's booked up yet for Christmas.

I am probably going to be taking dd by myself in December so I was glad to hear there's other women out there who have done it or are doing it. I can't wait!

All concierge is available except for GF during my timeframe. :)

We have stayed at POLY, CR, BWI, YC, BC, WL, and SWAN Concierge/Club Level before, as referenced in my sig., but we have never stayed at any during Christmas! :confused3

So, I guess I am really asking for the Christmas feel of a concierge for my DD's wonderment and love of Christmas! princess:

Yea for you tjmouse! I'm glad to know there is another mother like me out there too! I was leaning toward the Poly myself! :goodvibes

I was going to suggest Grand Floridian concierge...GF is unbelievably beautiful during Christmas. What about the new 10th floor tower rooms in the CR? I believe these are concierge rooms. The MK view is wonderful :)

Well, the GF is probably booked since it has the best Christmas Decorations in my opinion. Under your availability situation we would probably select either the CR or PR but I'm not sure about the Christmas spirit aspect beyond the CR, PR, and GF. I opt not to stay at the WL since ifts concierge LIGHT and the lounge is part of a wide hall, but it would provide a level of Christmas.

Wilderness Lodge if the Grand Floridian is not available. Then since you are doing Epcot and MGM, my second choice would be BW Inn concierge. They have that wonderful chocolate display and the Yacht and Beach have wonderful displays and fun places to eat.

We stayed at BC concierge. The lobby is boasting a carousel made all of gingerbread. Just breathtaking. You can walk to Epcot from there if that is where you think you maybe spending alot of your time. Within five minutes you are there or you can always jump on the boat at the end of the pier.

Did a spur-of-the moment trip with my then 11 year old daughter two years ago as an "out of school" treat. As much as we missed dad, we really enjoyed spending the mom and me time together and doing all the "girlie" things we don't want to bore dad with when he is along.

Good for you--go for it and have an absolutely magical time!

What a fantastic idea!

I can't really speak to the concierge thing, as I have only experienced it at the BC. However, a few years ago I was at Disney in December for the first time and took a day to tour the hotels specifically to see the decorations. Wilderness Lodge just blew me away. Maybe because of the overall theme and fireplace in the lobby, but the whole atmosphere was incredible. I also loved the decor at the Boardwalk. I really don't think you can go wrong -- you can always pop over for a character meal or a snack at your second and/or third choice hotels, just to wander around and drink it in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter