• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I choose savannah or standard view for AKL?

archdandy

DIS Veteran
When I originally started looking into renting DVC points for AKL there was no availability for a standard view so I had to go with savannah view. But now standard has opened up and I'm wondering if should stick with savannah or not. If we switched to standard it would save us close to $300 but I was really looking forward to the savannah view. How likely is it that if we didn't book savannah that we would get a good view anyways?

If you are renting points it might not matter because the owner may not want to be stuck with the excess points if you downgrade to standard. It's hard to say without knowing the use year. Have you checked on this?

Personally, I wouldn't stay at AKL/AKV unless I had a savannah view. In my opinion, it's what makes this resort--being able to walk out onto your own balcony with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and watch the animals in your pjs!!!!

We were just there last year and while the savannah rooms are more$ they are so worth it. If we ever stay there again I would definetly book savannah view. Maybe you should keep what you have and decide for yourself if it is worth the extra, Good luck on your decision making.

Denise

If you are renting points it might not matter because the owner may not want to be stuck with the excess points if you downgrade to standard. It's hard to say without knowing the use year. Have you checked on this?

Personally, I wouldn't stay at AKL/AKV unless I had a savannah view. In my opinion, it's what makes this resort--being able to walk out onto your own balcony with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and watch the animals in your pjs!!!!

We haven't actually booked yet, we are just in discussion with someone to rent points. I think I'm going to stick with savannah view. Thanks for the opinions guys! :)

We stayed standard at Kidani in November and still had a partial Savannah room due to the layout of the resort. Personally, for the amount of time we spend in the room I prefer to put that extra money towards something else.

I've done both the Savannah and to pool view. When I go back, I am going to do pool view again. The Savannah views can be quite a hike. The pool view rooms are more centrally located. There are viewing spots everywhere at the resort. I found that we weren't in our room enough to enjoy the Savannah view. Also, they were only giraffes for us to view from a distance. Pool room view does have a balcony and is almost the same price as a standard view.

There are many ( maybe most?) WDW resorts where the standard view rooms are OK, in my opinion. However, at AKL, the only positive thing that I can say about the Standard view rooms is that they are in AKL. The views are less than desirable. They overlook loading docks, delivery areas, roofs, etc. Pool view is only maybe $20 more per night than Standard view. If I didn't want to spring for the cost of Savannah View, I'd go for Pool view.

There are many ( maybe most?) WDW resorts where the standard view rooms are OK, in my opinion. However, at AKL, the only positive thing that I can say about the Standard view rooms is that they are in AKL. The views are less than desirable. They overlook loading docks, delivery areas, roofs, etc. Pool view is only maybe $20 more per night than Standard view. If I didn't want to spring for the cost of Savannah View, I'd go for Pool view.

i agree. we had a bad experience with a standard view room. our pool view was awesome and a very small price increase. savanna view would have been amazing.

We prefer the savannah view ... It's very relaxing sitting out on the rooms balcony watching the animals roam around.

Stay at old key west. That's my advice if you are going to get a standard view at AKL. It's all about the savannah- otherwise I find the grounds to be unattractive.

We're staying in a 1 bedroom standard view next June. We've had both, but I actually like standard view. We're saving 42 points, and the rooms are amazing at Kidani.

I think for that price - go for the Savannah view! And this is coming from someone who will often book standard view rooms at AKL. I think it is worth the extra knowing you'll definitely get a savannah view - it is very unique and magical! Enjoy your stay!:)

Yep, to us, no point in booking anything but Savanna view at AKL/AKV.

And OKW has some fantastic view of the golf course and Trumbo Canal.

We stayed at AKL in a PV room and were glad we didn't get a SV room after we arrived. DD had us at the pool any time that we werent at the parks, even though she loves animals, she had very little interest in them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter