Should I change resorts?

We originally booked Bonnet Creek for this vacation because we were planning on going to Universal, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove on this trip..now that isn't going to happen. We are DVC owners also, so I could easily use the points too.

I would consider letting him come, but our daughter at this point in time, is not speaking to her father, she's hurt and wants nothing to do with him. :sad2: She's actually looking forward to vacationing without him right now.

Then having your H along would not be a good idea. Prescription for disaster. Personally, if I had that kind of news I would want time away for myself too. That's jarring to say the least. Ultimate rejection (not saying that to be mean, just how I view it in general). I certainly wouldn't put on a happy face and carry on that soon with that kind of news. You are a good sport to have even have it in the realm of possibility.

Yeah, I agree, too soon to go together. You, yourself, have a lot to process. My sister's going through a divorce and it has been an emotional roller coaster for her and her 4 kids.

I'd change, if it was me to somewhere I was more comfortable with. I do like staying at the Swan and Dolphin when it is just me and kid/kids though because I feel safer in the access being inside the hotel instead of outside. However, at Disney, it isn't that big of a worry, really.

How old is your DD?

We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek a couple of years ago. I really liked it a lot. They have really nice pools with beautiful lazy rivers, I believe they also have some kind of children's program there, as well, which might be fun for your children, and a miniature golf course.

They have bus transportation to and from the parks but I have no idea what it's like or how efficient it is. When we stayed there, we had a rental car, and it worked out fine (we didn't even use the bus transportation).

I think they do have a pizza place there, and also a small counter-service place with sandwiches, salads, pastries, and a few breakfast items. They also have a mini (very mini) grocery area in the gift shop.

If you do decide to change to a WDW resort, and incur penalty fees, I'd ask dh to pay the difference, since he is the one bowing out.

So sorry about your situation. Hang in there and stay strong. :hug:

Yeah, I agree, too soon to go together. You, yourself, have a lot to process. My sister's going through a divorce and it has been an emotional roller coaster for her and her 4 kids.

I'd change, if it was me to somewhere I was more comfortable with. I do like staying at the Swan and Dolphin when it is just me and kid/kids though because I feel safer in the access being inside the hotel instead of outside. However, at Disney, it isn't that big of a worry, really.

How old is your DD?

My dd is going to be 13 in June. She is just so upset with her dad right now, it's heartbreaking, and he doesn't seem to understand why she's so upset with him. :confused3

Aww, your daughter is taking it very hard, then. That's understandable. It's good you are supportive of her needing time, and not forcing the issue.

She'll have to find her own way back to him, and she will. You've raised her, eh?

I guess I'd say go with DVC in that regard then. Since your daughter is so upset (and I honestly can only imagine that you are too) changing the venue of the vacation would help, yes? Instead of going forward with what was supposed to be only now it's changed; go with something completely different.

Again, all the best to you. :hug:

I am very sorry you are going through this right now and I hope this upcoming June vacation gives you and your daughter, by then I am sure, some much needed girl time alone to talk and have some laughs.

Although I am married and have not gone through a divorce, I just want to please tell you to make sure you have everything in order, SOON.
Also, from what I hear from co-workers and friends, things can also get ugly, even if you don't have or didn't have those intentions.
When you leave your house in June, will your dh already be out and your locks changed? Could he possibly clean out the house while you are away or is he planning on your vacation week as his big move? If you aren't ready to talk to your family or friends about this yet, please do a search on this board. There are MANY people on here that have been through the same thing as you that I have read have given such wonderful advice for both your sanity as well as your financial well being.

Since your dd is having a hard time, which I assume is normal, and since you have the DVC points, I would give her an option of what to do.
You can go online DVC and see what is/isn't available for your week and go from there and let her decide. It may give her a bit of control during this out of control time in her life and it will be a first step of the both of you making decisions (not life changing or super important) together instead of the 3 of you.

Did you trade in from RCI? I own DVC and other t/s that I trade through RCI. Although you will loose trading power, you can cancel your room and put your week back in the system (I own weeks not points with my other t/s's so not sure what happens with points).

Good luck, be strong and I hope all works out as it should for both you and your daughter. :grouphug:

It sounds like you both need some time away and alone together.:hug:
I also would stay at one of the disney resorts. BUT then again I don't know this other place. I agree ask your daughter where she would want to stay and have fun:hug: and I am sorry.

I am very sorry you are going through this right now and I hope this upcoming June vacation gives you and your daughter, by then I am sure, some much needed girl time alone to talk and have some laughs.

Although I am married and have not gone through a divorce, I just want to please tell you to make sure you have everything in order, SOON.
Also, from what I hear from co-workers and friends, things can also get ugly, even if you don't have or didn't have those intentions.
When you leave your house in June, will your dh already be out and your locks changed? Could he possibly clean out the house while you are away or is he planning on your vacation week as his big move? If you aren't ready to talk to your family or friends about this yet, please do a search on this board. There are MANY people on here that have been through the same thing as you that I have read have given such wonderful advice for both your sanity as well as your financial well being.

Since your dd is having a hard time, which I assume is normal, and since you have the DVC points, I would give her an option of what to do.
You can go online DVC and see what is/isn't available for your week and go from there and let her decide. It may give her a bit of control during this out of control time in her life and it will be a first step of the both of you making decisions (not life changing or super important) together instead of the 3 of you.

Did you trade in from RCI? I own DVC and other t/s that I trade through RCI. Although you will loose trading power, you can cancel your room and put your week back in the system (I own weeks not points with my other t/s's so not sure what happens with points).

Good luck, be strong and I hope all works out as it should for both you and your daughter. :grouphug:

All sage advice.

I echo, "Get your ducks in order as much as you can.". I wonder if your H will be moved prior to the trip. Lots of things to consider.

op booked trip, husband changed plans make him pay for any changes

Why would there need to be any changes? Simply because the OP husband has decided he won't be going because of their marital situtation doesn't mean there needs to be changes or upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter