Should I change hotels?

Cinderkella

Earning My Ears
I'm currently booked at the HRH for 3 nights in a Deluxe Queen room for the APH rate of $259.99/night. There are five of us and I booked this room because we need the pull-out sofa. I just noticed that the same room category (Deluxe Queen) at Portofino Bay is $10 less per night! So I have two questions: 1) Do the deluxe queen rooms at PB also have pull-out sofas? 2) Which hotel would you choose for a family with three young children?

Most deluxe rooms at PBH have the single sized pullout but it isn't guaranteed. All deluxe rooms at the HRH have the full sized pullout. I would stay where you are.

We are a family of 5 and when we stayed at Hard Rock one year we got the deluxe queen also for the sleeper sofa,only problem was the sleeper was so worn out my little girl would not sleep on it.Dont blame her.I would look into a regular 2 queen room which should be cheaper and either bring a air mattress or ask for a roll-away bed.The roll away beds are very,very nice.

We are a family of 5 and when we stayed at Hard Rock one year we got the deluxe queen also for the sleeper sofa,only problem was the sleeper was so worn out my little girl would not sleep on it.Dont blame her.I would look into a regular 2 queen room which should be cheaper and either bring a air mattress or ask for a roll-away bed.The roll away beds are very,very nice.

Thanks for the tip - I'll really have to think about this now. I could potentially save about $200 if I changed to a regular 2 queen. The price for a 2 queen room is the same at PB and would be even cheaper at RP.

How much per night is the roll away? I think I read somewhere that they are $25/night but just want to make sure. Could an adult fit on the rollaway? Also, is the HRH worn out in general, or was it just the sleeper sofa that was in bad shape? Now I'm really confused about which hotel to stay at! Is it a difficult process to change hotels? Would they apply the deposit I already paid to the new hotel or would they refund it and then charge me again?

I've slept on the sofa beds at the RPR and they were typical crappy sofa beds. No matter where you go, they are pretty much the same. The cots are $25/night and no, I wouldn't want an adult sleeping on it either. The hotels have all been renovated in the past 5 years. If you want to change hotels, they can refund it or they can also connect you to their accounting department who will just transfer the deposit to your new account.

The deluxe rooms at the HRH are the largest of the deluxe rooms and for a family of 5 with three kids, I think it is probably your most economic choice if you are looking for extra space.

You can always get star services to bring up more comforters to put on top of the mattress to help. That is frequently done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter