Should I buy the Dooney and Bourke now or wait until we get there

I'd wait. As PP said, you'll find more variety on property than on the DS website. Also, even if you like a particular pattern, the fabric is cut so differently for each bag that you can really pick a bag with the exact layout of the fabric you like. I have a Disneyland retro bag with all the land logos on it... the bags all look different because the pattern is so varied.

Example:

retro-disneyland-satchel-by-dooney-amp-bourke.jpg

vs.

EDITED-new-Retro-Dooneys.jpg

It's so much fun picking out the exact bag you like!

So I vote for buying it before you go - I bought a purse and wristlet before we went on a Disney trip then a Disney cruise. I loved having it when I arrived... Did not have to pack an extra purse to take home... And none of the shops had the cross body D&b in yellow so I got lots of compliments from cms and guests!

Just my 2 cents!

I'd wait too, the placement of the designs sometimes are odd and if you wait then you can pick out one with the icons you want on it. I really wanted the Mickey and Minnie on the front center and I found one and am thrilled with it!

I would wait. I don't think you would be able to get the cc holder, but it is nice to pick out placement.
Also, purchasing there you will be able to "test fit" the bag. I thought for sure I wanted a comic print barrel but when I "tried it on" I realized the straps were too short for my liking.

I say it depends on which one! some placement does matter like the sketchs, charms,retro matters if your hoping for specific characters..

Bow , balloon, tonal, doesn't matter. Button really doesn't matter IMHO you'll get all the characters also the gwenny tote and champsac will all have same placement

I'm a Disney dooneyholic lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

I'd wait too (says the girl who is about to chain herself to the chair to keep from buying another one until the Princess Half bag is available:hyper: ) It would be one thing if you weren't going to be there in a long time, but since it's not too far off...

Not sure when you are going but I think I would wait. It's possible that you will get one of the merchandise coupon discounts from a Counter Service Restaurant and that will get you a percentage off...pretty sure it works for the purses too as I know the other discounts do.

Liz

I bought mine online through disneystore.com during one of their sales and got a great deal! If you see one you like online and a sale comes up, I would snag it. They never seem to be discounted at the parks!

If you have an annual pass or a premium annual pass you can use it to get a discount at parks. Also, I used Disney visa reward dollars to help on the purchase. I ended up payIng $80 for mine.

If you do not have those discounts, I would probably buy on disneystore.com during a sale. Since it is close to the holidays there should be one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can get a discount at the parks/resorts with a Disney Visa. I think I got at least 10% off if not more.:thumbsup2

Since they are now being excluded from the sales at DisneyStore.com, I'm in the wait & pick it out in the park. I was going to order one but decided to wait until our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter