Should I bring alcohol in my carry on or

ilovetoronto

Earning My Ears
can I just buy from the duty free onboard.

Just read a navigators list for the Magic. We are going on the 15th.

It seems there is a duty free on Upbeat deck 3, forward. Is this on ship and can I get a bottle or 2 immediately??

Im nervous about sailing and will need some early help

Any alcohol bought at the duty free shop is held until the last night of the cruise. So that is not an alternative for alcohol that you want to consume during the cruise. You'll have to carry on any you'll need right away.

Thanks for the quick help. We're from Canada and flying out of Buffalo. Am I correct in saying we should be able to buy duty free at the Canadian/USA border and bring that in our carry on?

Thanks for the quick help. We're from Canada and flying out of Buffalo. Am I correct in saying we should be able to buy duty free at the Canadian/USA border and bring that in our carry on?

You can only fly with liquids that are 3 ounces or less in your carry on. Your option would be to purchase alcohol once in FL and then hand carry that onto the ship.

can I just buy from the duty free onboard.

Just read a navigators list for the Magic. We are going on the 15th.

It seems there is a duty free on Upbeat deck 3, forward. Is this on ship and can I get a bottle or 2 immediately??

Im nervous about sailing and will need some early help

I know this won't help you for the first day but if you are on the Magic on October 15 then Key West is your first stop (day 2) and you can buy liquor there to bring back and consume onboard. At least that's what I plan on doing. I hope my information is correct.

If you buy duty free liquor at Buffalo/Canada border it has to be packed in your checked luggage and you risk it breaking.

If you fly with alcohol it has to be in your checked bags. When you board the ship it has to be in your carry on bag. There was some talk about a month ago that disney was going to limit how much alcohol you could bring on board but I never read a date when that rule was going into effect. Recent cruisers tell me that they have carried on alcohol with no restrictions.

I agree with other poster - Buy it in Florida and carry it on. If anyone reading this knows of a policy change on the disney ships please post. Thanks

If you fly with alcohol it has to be in your checked bags. When you board the ship it has to be in your carry on bag. There was some talk about a month ago that disney was going to limit how much alcohol you could bring on board but I never read a date when that rule was going into effect. Recent cruisers tell me that they have carried on alcohol with no restrictions.

I agree with other poster - Buy it in Florida and carry it on. If anyone reading this knows of a policy change on the disney ships please post. Thanks

Fortunately, DCL decided not to go forward with the alcohol policy change...for now. So there is no set date to change but they they did say they have the right to revise their alcohol carry on policy at any time...... Seems they rescinded the new policy that same day it was announced. Current alcohol policy remains in effect.

MJ

Fortunately, DCL decided not to go forward with the alcohol policy change...for now. So there is no set date to change but they they did say they have the right to revise their alcohol carry on policy at any time...... Seems they rescinded the new policy that same day it was announced. Current alcohol policy remains in effect.

MJ

Yeah! I'm glad to see you post this and since you are a moderator I feel comfortable that your info is accurate. I was beginning to think I was crazy. I shall stock up and carry on when I go in 6 weeks. Thanks

Disney had changed the policy but there were so many complaint they reverted back to the old policy. Thank goodness!! Although I totally understand they don't have to allow it, I'm so thankful they do!

You can, as long as you put it in your checked baggage before you board the Buffalo flight. We are Canadian too and have done that before when flying from the US.

Then again, with the prices of booze in the US you could probably just buy it when you land in Florida and still pay 50% of what you paid here :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter