• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I bother with a class?

Limmer

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am a new scrpabooker (only about 2 weeks but I am hooked) and my local Michael's is having a scrapbooking class on Thurs. It is $5 for an hour and a half and I was wondering if it is worth it to go. Any opinions?

$5 is a pretty fair price for a class. If it is in your skill level range, I would definitely recommend it.

Let us know how it was.

I think it would depend on what they're teaching and what your comfort level with doing things on your own right now is. If you're feeling nervous and its a beginners' class...I'd do it. If you're feeling confident and they're teaching some interesting skill you'd like to know about that you don't think you'd learn on your own...then go.

I'd skip it, however, if you feel comfortable with what you're doing and the class is just a beginners' "here's how to put the photo and some decoration on the page" sort of class. You might be better off spending the money on some stickers or paper and going home and working by yourself!

I probably would go if you don't have any other opportunity to go to a class. Just to see the different cutters, styles etc. I have been to 2 CM crop nights and love them. I was the beginner in the class. Just did stuff on my own and these wonderful ladies were true die hards! So it was great! they loved the newbie! Would show me all the must haves and tell me stuff they didn't like! Our CM Consultant was really good too she doesn't care if you use other stuff, she does too, not so much the tools but paper and stickers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter