Should I book our excursion prior to the cruise or wait..

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
I was wanting to take my oldest dd on a snorkeling excursion and wanted to book while we were on the ship but was afraid of it being full and us missing out on it....
I would book in advance but be afraid she'd back out on me..
Didn't want to miss out...
Thanks for any help in advance... :banana:

We always book our excursions after we get on the ship (but I know we are among the minority especially among DISers). Some excursions are sold-out, but we’ve always been able to find some type of snorkeling trip with availability.

As far as your DD being okay with Snorkeling, I would suggest get snorkel gear now and practice in a pool so she can get use to it. If she gets the hang of it, book a combo boat ride, snorkel, and beach excursion, that way if she or any other member of your family doesn’t enjoy the snorkeling part, you’ll still have a nice boat ride and some time at the beach.

If you're still not sure if she will like it, you can always just wait until Castaway Cay. They have a large snorkeling area right by the family beach.

Thanks..
She has snorkeled in a pool before..
I had a couple excursions in mind, but it'll be nice to know we can do it in the family area too...that way my youngest will be able to do it too...
We are doing the 7 day land/sea package with 3 days at sea..Our first cruise.. :banana:

we went in April of 2004 and went parasailing booked before we left. The day of the parasailing, one boat was broke down so only half the people got to go. The ones that had booked early got to go and the others were just out of luck. I was so glad that i had booked before we left.

Definitely book any excursion that you want to do so you won't be disappointed by finding out that it's full after you boarded the ship. As far as not wanting your dd backing out on you this is what I do before I book any excursion. Dh and I discuss all excursions we're interested in doing with each of our three boys. They do have a say in any excursion -- after all it is their vacation too. When we've agreed on any excursion(s), I tell them there is no turning back after I made the reservation and they must go. This has worked well for us. HTH

I was told I couldnt book excursions until my trip was paid for.
Is it worth paying it early in order to book excursions? and can you book them online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter