Should I be concerned about Lost Reservation?

jjbblue99

Earning My Ears
I made resort reservations on Monday. They've charged my cc for the deposit. I was able to look at the reservation yesterday online using my Conf.# but today it says my conf # is not valid.

Should I be worried???

Jackie

jjbblue99 said:
I made resort reservations on Monday. They've charged my cc for the deposit. I was able to look at the reservation yesterday online using my Conf.# but today it says my conf # is not valid.

Should I be worried???

Jackie
I changed my reservation on Thursday, was able to view and print on Friday,
(different res#'s) and now (saturday) when I enter my NEW res # it sends me back to my OLD reservation, information, and number, although not reflecting the payment that was made ONLY on my new res#
I have been telling myself all evening "don't worry don't worry call them bright and early tomorrow morning" now you have me worried.... :scared: :headache: :crazy2: :confused:

Same thing happened to me a while back. The website had my reservation really messed up at first, and then it didnt show up at all. I called CRO and they had it all correct in their system. I would definitely call to verify everything so you dont have to worry about it.

I've read a lot of posts where that has happened to people. Scary! I would definitely call to get it fixed. Good luck!

I checked my reservation online last night and found my total what apears to be the rack room rate instead of my AP rate. I thought maybe when I called back to get a second room reservation (they made separate res. but linked them to keep AP on both) that it had somehow dropped AP from my room. So first thing this morning I called them. She read off the info for my room and it was all right including the rate. She didnt say she changed anything but I assumed she FIXED whatever. Yet when I logged back on it still shows rack room rates. I guess I'll see when I get my letter. The cant argue with that at check in and I'll call again if the letter is wrong.

I have had 2 different reservations made with CRO that came up different on the website. First showed a different category of room(right hotel). This was for POR, water view, 4 nights and a total price of an unbelievable $2848.00!
When I called CRO they had it all correct in their system and said it happens frequently and to disregard the web. After making my FL Resident rate ressie I checked the web again,just for fun and sure enough the resort and room level was accurate but the cost for 4 nights was $3500.00 instead of the actual $620.00. Go figure

In short...yes, you should be worried! Call right away to get it sorted out!

I would absolutely not be worried...I have read thread after thread regarding this over the past few months. Its a typical problem...its a glitch with the computer systems not with your reservation.

Honestly I don't even look mine up anymore -- I have the paperwork - that is all I need.

Liz

OK -- I had to wait to get back from church to call and it was making me crazy! Anyway I was getting ready to call a few minutes ago and decided to check the website and there it is! Yayyyyy!

My only question is -- I booked two rooms at the same resort -- the price is correct, the resort is correct, but it doesn't indicate the 2 rooms anywhere. Is this normal?

I'm a newbie so bear with me if this is a dumb question!

Thanks
Jackie

I had the same problem after I had applied the AP code to my previous reservation. I had checked it earlier in the day and it was fine. When I went to show it to my dh that evening, I got the message saying that the was no reservation with that number. I panicked. I am kind of freaky when it comes to planning for my Disney vacation. It was to late to call and check on things, so I had to wait until the AM. I called the next morning and everything was fine. They said that sometimes it happens when they are downloading information into the system.

So my advice is to call. IMO it is better to be safe than sorry. :flower:

All,

There is a glitch in the system. For my Feb trip, it had both CBR and another resort reservation combined and showed that I owed $3500 instead of the $400 I did owe. WDW reservations explained that as long as it's ok in there system not to worry about what the online thing says. I had no problems with this when I checked in.

If you notice, the page where you look up your reservation is called "My Disney Vacation - Beta". I'm not sure if everyone realizes it, but the "beta" basically means that it is still under development, and hasn't had all of the glitches worked out yet, and the official version of the program hasn't been released yet. Thus, it is VERY likely that there are going to be issues with looking things up online.

If it really concerns you, then go ahead and call :) I'm just pointing out that we shouldn't place so much importance on what the program says.

okay now the changes are back on the site (printed again!) now I am just monitoring the credit from the first ressie to be applied to the new one..
then I will start breathing again... :faint:

jjbblue99 said:
OK -- I had to wait to get back from church to call and it was making me crazy! Anyway I was getting ready to call a few minutes ago and decided to check the website and there it is! Yayyyyy!

My only question is -- I booked two rooms at the same resort -- the price is correct, the resort is correct, but it doesn't indicate the 2 rooms anywhere. Is this normal?

I'm a newbie so bear with me if this is a dumb question!

Thanks
Jackie

That is okay. I have two rooms booked as well, but it is not listed as two rooms. Also, the price for me on the website is more than double what it should be. I have the confirmation from Disney with all of the correct info, that is all I really need.

Since I switched from POP to Contemporary when the AP rates came out for May, it shows both reservation combined into one. Instead of just showing the total as $776 and the 254 deposit, it shows the deposit correctly, but shows the total being $1151.44 ($93.86 for POP a night and $194 for Contemporary a night x 4).

beth_cam said:
I checked my reservation online last night and found my total what apears to be the rack room rate instead of my AP rate. I thought maybe when I called back to get a second room reservation (they made separate res. but linked them to keep AP on both) that it had somehow dropped AP from my room. So first thing this morning I called them. She read off the info for my room and it was all right including the rate. She didnt say she changed anything but I assumed she FIXED whatever. Yet when I logged back on it still shows rack room rates. I guess I'll see when I get my letter. The cant argue with that at check in and I'll call again if the letter is wrong.

CRO's info is on a different server than the online system (which is why it's maddening that the "support" number for the website is CRO). The two systems synch overnight. So, the CRO agent didn't change anything, but your reservation was correct in the CRO system. It should show up as CRO has it the next day, unless for some reasons the systems are down and not synching.

Sorry to be so extreme w/ the caps and all but this is what happened to me and it was the prelude to a long list of problems, even after it was reinstated and we were at the resort. The best explanation I ever got was from a CM on DIS was that the file got corrupted which caused ongoing problems but I'll start from the beginning....

1. We booked AKL concierge and then I called to book the sunrise safari on the same day.

2. A few days later I called with a room request and there was no record of the reservation. I called my bank and nothing had been charged (for deposit). AKL said there was a massive system upset and everything was lost on one day (the day I booked everything). Everything was reinstated.

3. Got to hotel and room was booked but no sunrise safari. They got us in okay considering we had a conf #.

4. We got checked out early while at pool. We came back to find room locked. They checked us back in and gave us new keys.

5. We didn't receive mousekeeping or turn down service because we'd been taken off the routing lists since we'd been shown as having been checked out.

6. Went to check out and we overcharged for sunrise safari....

Needless to say, the problems went on after we got there because there was something wrong with the file. You might want to check and make sure there hasn't been any kind of computer upset so this doesn't interrupt your stay. Now I would know to make a completely new reservation if there is any problem with the original ressie disappearing or being dropped.

Have a great trip in any case! Hope this helps things go smoothly on your trip! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter