Should I add the water park fun and more option or buy one day?? or skip it?

jubelee1872000

Mouseketeer
I am going to WDW in June and I am debating whether or not I should add the water park fun and more option to the trip. I called and Disney said it would add $265 to our trip...we are getting there on the 10th late so we won't be visiting the parks that day then we will be one each of the parks on the 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th. Animal Kingdom will be on the 14th so I was thinking of maybe going to the water park that day? Or possibly on the 15th. I was also contemplating adding another day to the trip but then that would add another $170 to the trip just to have another night in the room. Also if we pay OP it would be $207 for us four. We are staying at Coronado Springs. They have a pool with a water slide? What do you think? Should I just skip the water parks? My sons are 6 and 12.

Thanks in advance.

Since it is cheaper to pay out of pocket, you can just play it by ear and decide when you are there. They are a lot of fun. But after AK you might not feel like it/be too worn out, or just feel the pool at Coronado Springs is enough for however many more hours that day has left. Then see if the 15th is still a free day and if everyone wants to spend the day at a water park, and you can always make a day of it and pay as you go.

Adding the water park fun and more gives you equal number of visits to the water park, disney quest, or mini golf. Would you use that many? If not, I'd say skip it and just relax at the pool. Seems like a lot to go into a water park for part of a day.

We always add it but we stay nine days and two are waterpark days. You should go one day but give it the whole day.

Adding another park day will only be about $10/ticket. I think I would do that for the 15th over a waterpark. We've been to both and enjoy them, but that is a lot of money.

The water parks are fabulous, especially Typhoon Lagoon. I try to hit them at least once on each trip. But I travel solo, so it's not as much as an expense. I think your kids would enjoy the water parks much more than the pool at CSR. Nothing against that pool (it's great). But it's a pool with a slide. There's a big difference between that and the water parks. But then again, kids love any kind of water.

We always add it but we stay nine days and two are waterpark days. You should go one day but give it the whole day.
This is what we do as well. We might end up going a third day as well. My DH and kids like the water parks more then the theme parks.

We are planning a five day trip next year in Late September or early October with a 12, 9, 8 and 4 year old. ( a follow up to a Disneyland visit without grandkids) They love the pool slides and often want to leave the parks to swim. I was considering a water park but I'm thinking the younger three wont be able to take advantage of the bigger slides. In 16 or 17 visits, we have never visited the water parks. Are they good for the younger ones and can I expect it to be still plenty warm enough in early fall? The 12 year old will do things I wont do so I know she'll be fine!

You can add it on anytime during the trip. Just wait until you get there and see how the days are and if you just want to stay at the pool. I am doing a similar trip- CSR June 8-15th. We will probably add waterparks and more but will wait until the 10th to buy it just to make sure.

I would probably wait until I got there to add it. Since you don't have a lot of extra time in your schedule, you may find you don't want to try and fit the waterparks in. Btw, my kids love the pool at CSR, the slide is fun!

We are planning a five day trip next year in Late September or early October with a 12, 9, 8 and 4 year old. ( a follow up to a Disneyland visit without grandkids) They love the pool slides and often want to leave the parks to swim. I was considering a water park but I'm thinking the younger three wont be able to take advantage of the bigger slides. In 16 or 17 visits, we have never visited the water parks. Are they good for the younger ones and can I expect it to be still plenty warm enough in early fall? The 12 year old will do things I wont do so I know she'll be fine!

Each WP has an area for little ones with pint sized slides. Blizzard also has a tween area with slightly bigger slides and other fun activities. My two DDs love Water Parks, even more than the regular parks! We often go for a partial day and treat them like pools. I think it's worth a one day admission to try it out. I'd choose Blizzard over Typhoon because the wave pool at Typhoon is quite intense for the smaller kids.

We are planning a five day trip next year in 1) Late September or early October with a 12, 9, 8 and 4 year old. ( a follow up to a Disneyland visit without grandkids) They love the pool slides and often want to leave the parks to swim. I was considering a water park but 2) I'm thinking the younger three wont be able to take advantage of the bigger slides. In 16 or 17 visits, we have never visited the water parks. Are they good for the younger ones and can I expect it to be still plenty warm enough in early fall? The 12 year old will do things I wont do so I know she'll be fine!

1)Doesn't help Summer visitors - You can get a seasonal 1 day ticket that blocks out busy summer at a discount.
2) Depends on the height, but except for the 4 yr old they should all be able to do most of them, especially at blizzard beach (I think fits the 10 and under set better). the 4 year old would have an area just for smaller kids and they all seem to love it.

It will still be very hot in late Sept/early Oct. You can expect temps in the 80s and low 90s with humidity.

I am going to WDW in June and I am debating whether or not I should add the water park fun and more option to the trip. I called and Disney said it would add $265 to our trip...we are getting there on the 10th late so we won't be visiting the parks that day then we will be one each of the parks on the 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th. Animal Kingdom will be on the 14th so I was thinking of maybe going to the water park that day? Or possibly on the 15th. I was also contemplating adding another day to the trip but then that would add another $170 to the trip just to have another night in the room. Also if we pay OP it would be $207 for us four. We are staying at Coronado Springs. They have a pool with a water slide? What do you think? Should I just skip the water parks? My sons are 6 and 12.

Thanks in advance.

Unless you were going to one of the add ons each day of your trip that doesnt make any sense. Adding a 1 day ticket is cheaper. On shorter trips we have made AK a partial day trip, the question is can you do what you want to do at AK to make the 1 day water park ticket worth it? Is your AK day an EMH am? Are you at Rope Drop? Do you know your FP+ plan and know what else you want to do. In other words what time would you think you leave the park and how long would you enjoy the water park? The boys would probably recharge on the bus and ready for the slides you may be exhausted but they should sleep well that night:bounce:or if you can add another day. We like the water park in the summer for 1 day.

I have been debating doing the morning at AK and the rest of the day at Typhoon Lagoon for our September Trip. We have the WP&M add on so even if we do a half day at typhoon lagoon and another half day at blizzard beach that would be enough for us. We have done all of the good attractions at AK over the last two trips so it's not a priority. Does anyone know if there is bus transportation from AK to the water parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter