Should Disney compensate me

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like things just got out of control. I know you were upset but even when you think you were being nice your comment that your son "would not be moving until he was ready " was confrontational. And the second time when "I was not so polite" he felt the need to call security. I think you should reevaluated the situation and realize it wasnt handled well by both of you. If the station person was taken away he probably was spoken to by someone. I think if you had been able to remain calm and explain that your child was injured and would he please call for medical help things would have worked out better. I am in the medical profession and I have seen people get upset and cause a bad situation to get worse. The best thing anyone can do in an emergency is to stay calm so they can explain what is going on the people who can help.

I have to agree with you.

It sounds like what the CM saw was a child crying, and when asked to move instead of stating they needed medical help, the OP became beligerant and said they wouldn't move until they were good and ready. And then probably cussed at the CM. Yet the CM was just supposed to know they needed medical help.

Thank you every one.....for your reply's. For most of yous that are saying that disny does not control the weather....I think we all know that........although I did mention the wet sign I am more upset about the way the guard treated me and my family.....I'm sure Disney policy is to look after there guests especially if they have hurt them self.......also where does it say in my post about suing wdw all I did was ask if people thought I should be compensated .....wdw did not pay our hospital bill which was dear....I'm in the uk where we get our's free due to the good old nhs . They called a ambulance and quickly got rid of us.......

I have written to them and they have emailed me back to say they will be in touch shortly

Keep you all in touch I get the felling some people on here just can't see past disney
Honestly, I am a little surprised that Disney did not pay for your medical bills. Did you talk to someone at the time? Do you have a contact you can call on your accident report?

Dougers - I am a parent. I have 6 kids. I've seen them in terrible pain before. And it is NO excuse to be rude to someone. Nor is it a reason to receive money because someone was rude to you. End of story. Rudeness stinks but it isn't life altering or anything.... You have 2 choices when someone is rude to you - you can let it roll right off and not think of it again or you can let it sink in and ruin your day/week/vacation/whatever. I choose to teach my kids that we can't control other people's actions and we can only choose to control ourselves. If we don't want other people's actions to ruin our day, we can choose to let it go and move on.

The only compensation your are entitled, OP, is perhaps an "I'm sorry that one of our cast members was rude to you" from Disney.

The vacation was not ruined due to the rudeness - the vacation was ruined due to the injury, which was not Disney's fault.

Everyone pays a lot of cash for their tickets, incidentally.

Could the CM have been more understanding or more helpful? Absolutely. Contact guest communications about this. A single rude incident does not entitle you to anything but an apology, however.

As for the comments about people who are not parents not understanding - hogwash. I have five children. My children have had injuries, sometimes very much due to negligence over one place or another (my daughter had a finger severed due to a missing piece of safety equipment on a classroom door). Life goes on.

Your son's wrist will heal, and he'll hopefully learn to be more careful when it's wet outside. My advice to you would be to try to separate the two issues - your anguish over the son's injury and your annoyance at the CM. While the two are linked, disney's responsibility only includes the latter, which again, is worth an apology - no more.

It sounds like things just got out of control. I know you were upset but even when you think you were being nice your comment that your son "would not be moving until he was ready " was confrontational. And the second time when "I was not so polite" he felt the need to call security. I think you should reevaluate the situation and realize it wasnt handled well by both of you. If the station person was taken away he probably was spoken to by someone. I think if you had been able to remain calm and explain that your child was injured and would he please call for medical help things would have worked out better. I am in the medical profession and I have seen people get upset and cause a bad situation to get worse. The best thing anyone can do in an emergency is to stay calm so they can explain what is going on the people who can help.

I agree I was a little stressed but who wouldn't be.....I was not aggressive just not as polite the second time......plus I don't work for Disney as he did( is that not what he's trained for)
I'm enjoying this now lol

You obviously are not a parent and don't understand what it is like to see your child in pain

I'm not a parent? LOL:lmao::lmao:

You are so far off-you have no idea! I yes I do know what it is like to see your child in pain.

BTW-YOU were just rude to me, where is my compensation?

I agree I was a little stressed but who wouldn't be.....I was not aggressive just not as polite the second time......plus I don't work for Disney as he did( is that not what he's trained for)
I'm enjoying this now lol

I'm starting to pick up something on the trolldar.

Ok, I will preface this by saying I didn't read thru all the pages but...

You said it was raining..I know you aren't from here but it is a universal fact that rain makes things slippery so you were aware of the possibility=sucks to be you but it isn't disney's fault

I'm not a parent? LOL:lmao::lmao:

You are so far off-you have no idea! I yes I do know what it is like to see your child in pain.

BTW-YOU were just rude to me, where is my compensation?

When exactly was I rude to you.....
What is a troll.?

Ok, I will preface this by saying I didn't read thru all the pages but...

You said it was raining..I know you aren't from here but it is a universal fact that rain makes things slippery so you were aware of the possibility=sucks to be you but it isn't disney's fault

To bring you up to speed, the OP doesn't want compensated for the accident. They want compensated because they think a Disney CM was rude to them and it ruined their entire holiday. Oh-and the OP behaved in such a manner that security was called.

Ok maybe I should be more to the point

Our holiday was spoiled because of a disney member and his attitude also the way we were treated. They were only interested in keeping the train flowing

I paid a lot of cash for my 3 tickets.......Disney advertise a magical experience not a rude one.......I pay good hard earned money to enter the park so expect the very best of treatment.....no excuses....I didn't receive this.....spoiled our holiday. I would like for them to give me something back in return ....
Oh, my! Your holiday was spoiled because of the attitude of one person? When I go to Disney, I make my own magic for myself and my family by being relaxed, enjoying the experience and going with the flow. You'll find rude people all over the park, but mostly (or at least for me) I ignore them, so that we can continue that magical experience. I pay a lot for my tickets, too. At one point it was SEVEN tickets for my family. That's a lot of cash! You are not different than any other person in the park. Everyone can have a bad moment. (I think you did-security had to be called.) Maybe this was a training employee who was intent on getting the train out of the station. Maybe he really didn't understand the severity of the injury. Who knows? :confused3 What did you suggest as compensation in your complaint?
It sounds like things just got out of control. I know you were upset but even when you think you were being nice your comment that your son "would not be moving until he was ready " was confrontational. And the second time when "I was not so polite" he felt the need to call security. I think you should reevaluate the situation and realize it wasnt handled well by both of you. If the station person was taken away he probably was spoken to by someone. I think if you had been able to remain calm and explain that your child was injured and would he please call for medical help things would have worked out better. I am in the medical profession and I have seen people get upset and cause a bad situation to get worse. The best thing anyone can do in an emergency is to stay calm so they can explain what is going on the people who can help.
:thumbsup2

Ok maybe I should be more to the point

Our holiday was spoiled because of a disney member and his attitude also the way we were treated. They were only interested in keeping the train flowing

I paid a lot of cash for my 3 tickets.......Disney advertise a magical experience not a rude one.......I pay good hard earned money to enter the park so expect the very best of treatment.....no excuses....I didn't receive this.....spoiled our holiday. I would like for them to give me something back in return ....

Your argument is swirling down the drain. You had a hard enough time trying to convince people that you should be compensated for your son's fall. But to expect compensation because you we treated rudely? Not gonna happen. Your only hope would be to establish that the employee's conduct was contrary to his training, contrary to Disney practices and procedures, and in some way contributed to your son's condition. I just don't see it.

On the 26 th June me an my family went to Orlando for our first vist. We bought what is called the one ticket for the 3 of us costing over a thousand pounds.on the second day there we went to animal kingdom and were having great fun until this happened. The rain had started to rain heavy so we went on a little train that takes you to rafikis planet when we got to the platform at other end my son slipped on the platform and screamed in agony so much so that the pain made him sick.when I pointed to the guard on the platform that my son was in pain his response was that there was a wet sign on the platform as if to cover himself rather than be concerned about my son.also 1wet sign on that large platform is no where enough as we could not see it from we got of the train.the guard then told me my son would have to move so he could fill the train.I told him my son would not be moving until he was ready.it soon became clear my son had hurt his wrist badly and a ambulance was called. 30 mins later it arrived and took my wife and son to the celebration hospital. At this point when the ambulance arrived (30 mins)was when we first saw a manager I made my complaint and headed off to the hospital where it was confirmed my son had a buckled fracture to his wrist and was to have a cast on his arm for the rest of our Holstein.which meant he couldn't go to his fav parks which are the waterparks.

Haven't read all of the posts. No, I do not think you were entitled to any compensation. It was merely an accident, and not negligence on Disney's part. If it was really raining that hard, I would assume all surfaces were slippery and would probably be holding my child's hand so he didn't slip. I am sorry your son got hurt and hope he is healing well.

You said the CM was more interested in getting the train loaded than wanting to deal with you. That YOU spent a lot of money on your 3 tickets. Well, everyone waiting for that train spent a lot of money and wanted to get out of the rain. The CM was thinking of them as well.

When exactly was I rude to you.....
What is a troll.?

You were not nice to me so therefore you were rude. You did not say exactly what I wanted you to say.

I felt that you were rude so I should get compensation. Isn't that how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter