Shots from my recent trip to WDW

Spork3127

Mouseketeer
Thought I'd share a few shots from our recent trip to WDW from 5/30-6/6. First, a little about the gear that I used.

Canon 7DMII with grip and L bracket
Canon 8-15 f/4L fisheye
Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L (1st generation)
Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L II
Induro CT213 Carbon Fiber tripod
Induro BHD3 ballhead
Think Tank StreetWalker Pro backpack
Think Tank Pro Speed belt
Think Tank Lens Changer 25 x2

For the parks it was any combination of the lenses depending on the park, Think Tank Speed Belt and 2 lens changers. This was much lighter than carrying a backpack and much cooler than a sweat drenched back due to the backpack. With an almost 3 year old, photo opportunities that didn't involve him weren't common, so I only came away with about 50 keepers. Here's a link to the album on Flickr as well as a few of my favorite shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29565392@N05/albums/72157666809371454

A panorama HDR shot of Splash Mountain. Two landscape style shots consisting of a 7 exposure burst for each and handheld. HDR processed in Photomatix and the two shots merged in PS6.
WDW Splash Mountain HDR Pano 1 by Jason, on Flickr

The Lookout. This guy was fabulous. He posed beautifully on top of a rock about 5' high while all of the other Meerkats foraged on the ground below.
Animal Kingdom 3 by Jason, on Flickr

Our 1st full day, May 31st, the rain ran most of the guests off at Epcot. On our way out, I kept looking for a puddle for a reflection shot of Spaceship Earth and finally found one as we were about to walk through the gates. Thought it was a unique shot that you don't always see.
Epcot 9 by Jason, on Flickr

Fisheye fun with Leave a Legacy and Spaceship Earth!
Epcot 12 by Jason, on Flickr

I waited a good 50 minutes past park closing for this one. It took that long for enough guests to clear out of my fisheye's view to get a patron free shot.
Epcot 13 by Jason, on Flickr

This is a favorite because of the monorail blurring past.
Epcot 14 by Jason, on Flickr

Illuminations with a fisheye.
Illuminations 1 by Jason, on Flickr

Illuminations 5 by Jason, on Flickr

Illuminations 6 by Jason, on Flickr

A layer mask of the previous 2 shots...
Illuminations 7 by Jason, on Flickr

This was a booger of a shot. Behind Maleficent as a dragon's neck was a tree. It took a good 30 minutes to clone the cloud over it.
Festival of Fantasy Parade 1 by Jason, on Flickr

Wishes with the 10-22. I like to think that Darth Vader was making an appearance in this one.
Magic Kingdom 13 by Jason, on Flickr

Magic Kingdom 15 by Jason, on Flickr

Stitch is a favorite so I had to get this one with the Astro Orbiter going in the background.
Magic Kingdom 17 by Jason, on Flickr

People were giving me all kinds of weird looks on this one. I had my flashlight on my phone turned on to paint light on Walt and Minnie.
Magic Kingdom 18 by Jason, on Flickr

Absolutely beautiful shots; many could be printed and framed!

Excellent work all the way around! The last shot for me is the Gem of the lot. The 7D is the only DSLR that I really regret having sold. I miss it far more than any FF Canon I had.

Absolutely beautiful shots; many could be printed and framed!

Thanks!

Excellent work all the way around! The last shot for me is the Gem of the lot. The 7D is the only DSLR that I really regret having sold. I miss it far more than any FF Canon I had.

Thanks! I recently sold my 7D after it sat on a shelf in my "photography closet" for close to a year after upgrading to the 7DM2. The last shot is actually a layer mask. I processed the shot twice, once for the flowers and statue and again for Main Street and the castle and the blended them.

Great set! I also think my favorite is the last one.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter