Shots Fired in NYC City Hall

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
Details are sketchy but shots have been fired on the 2nd floor of City Hall and two people have been hit. Mayor Bloomberg was on the 1st floor and was not hurt.

Happened around 2:00 p.m. -- reporters were cleared from their area on the 2nd floor so that's how they have the info but not the details.

They're not sure how anyone was able to get a gun past security. Also, streets in the area are currently closed off.

Oh dear....:(

It seems like shootings like this or in domestic situations tend to happen in the heat of the Summer. My Dad says the heat just makes some folks crazy.

The City Council was meeting and the shooter shot at the balcony area. The Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges are closed. There are reports the shooter may have gone into the subway so they are expecting that they may start shutting down the subway system and going car-to-car looking for the shooter.

The City is safe, we have the best security...HOW did this man get in there with a GUN?

That is a good question. How the shooter got the gun past the metal detectors is the first queston that poped into my mind.

lovewinnie we are practically neighbors. I am from bergen county also.

How sad about Mr. Davis.:(

That is very scary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter