Shorter bus ride from pop or Riverside

twinkletoesmom

Mouseketeer
Got another question we are betwwen staying at the pop or riverside.. I think the kids would enoy pop and we would enjoy NOR I guess the decieding factor would be if there is a shorter bus ride to the parks from riverside. Thanks for advice in advance

IMO POP seems to have a shorter ride, the buses for POR/POFQ make several stops within the resort before heading out to a park and that seems to take forever to me. Also the buses fill up and if you are at the last stop, you may find youself waiting.

POP only has one bus area for the whole resort--can be quite a walk but that's another question. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Wow I thought that POR would have been shorter, glad I asked! Pop it is! :woohoo: Okay, next question what is the best area of pop to stay at? I'm thinking close to bus and pool.

if you are assigned to the eighties building you will have the pool pretty much to yourself (at least we did) but you should prepare for the walk s back and forth to the lobby/foodcourt. It was quite a trek,especially after dragging 3 kids through the park all day and waiting for the busses. We stopped by the hippy dippy pool which was right behind food court and it was larger and also alot more noise and alot more people. we really liked the pop it was our first time going to wdw so we of course were overwhelmed anyway but i would stay there again. I will say this I thought the busses took FOREVER.....We waited for busses to come at some parks for over 30 min. and if the line was long we sometimes had to wait again often my husband had to stand but we just figured that was part of it.

Lisa

ahh - but befor eyou decide based on bus ride - consider at POR you have the use of not one great pool but two - the one at POFQ is a great dragon slide - really awesome! And you can take a boat from POR to POFQ AND to dowtown disney!

We've stayed at both and I preferred Pop's bus service, food court and just about everything else! We stayed in the Mickey phone bldg in the 70s section and could see the food court from our window. We DID stay at Pop during a slow time in January and POR during a busy spring break week, so that probably made a HUGE difference. However, one day on our last trip (staying at Pop) my parents had the kids and DH and I wanted to go from DTD to MK. DTD buses only go to resorts so I had the "brilliant" idea to go to POR since it's much closer than Pop. We got off at the first stop and waited a half hour for a MK bus to show. We then had to hit 3 more POR stops before FINALLY heading to MK. The ONE bus stop at Pop was wonderful!

POR is a beautiful resort. It is also absolutely huge and spread out. We had to use strollers to take our kids to the food court, bus stops and main pool. Pop is a fun resort. We had a pop jet fountain and huge Twister games right outside of our building. It is big, but so visually entertaining the kids WANTED to walk and look at everything. The rooms were slightly smaller than POR, but had fewer furnishings and therefore more floor storage space. We loved Pop and will definitely stay there over a moderate while our kids are young! (If I was going without kids I'd prefer POR.)

We're staying at POP this year because I let DD3 pick out what she wanted when we were looking at the values on line - she liked the potato head !! I'm not all that concerned about buses, I try to remind myself that on vacation you have to have patience! We're paying the extra money for the preferred room though (I think it's the 60's building?). When we stayed at ASM the walk to our far away room was a little much for us and a baby.

since your daughter likes mr potato head, make sure you bring along a potato head body, there is a great spot in the everything pop store that sells different parts - its alot of fun, sorry can't remember how much they cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter