Short review of our trip.

eagles

Mouseketeer
Stayed at Caribbean Beach Jamaica, 4520. Great location, easy walk to Food Court.
We were 5, so had the pull down bed. Room was small for 5 (2 adults 3 kids).

I was not impressed with the food court offerings. The flavor of the sauce for the pasta dishes (for me) was nasty. Never timed it right to try the Jerk Chicken. The deli sandwiches were pretty good.

Appears they are still selling the handled mugs, but only in blue and red. The green and purple are without handles.

I thought the bus service was the best I have experienced.

The kids dropped the remote control behind the bed, so you can not retrieve it. Had to call house keeping. They were very quick to come with a new one.

Arrived on Sunday afternoon, after getting something to eat, we went to Magic Kingdom. I would say the park was not as crowded as it could have been. We had FP's , but pretty much did not need them. We did Pooh, IASW, Barnstormer (several times), Little Mermaid, Tea Cups, Carousel, Dumbo. Ate at Sleepy Hallow, nutella waffles (delish), saw the Electric Light Parade and the Fireworks. I think we got to the park at 730 ish and back to the room 1115 ish.
So rides were pretty much walk on. Trash was every where though. Even through out the rides I saw trash, very sad.

Bus service to and from Caribbean for our whole stay was very good, the best I have had.

Ate at 50's Prime Time, Teppan Endo, Kona Cafe, Ohana's, California Grill for the brunch and Cape May Cafe. Would for sure go back to Teppan Endo, Kona Cafe, and Cape May. Would not go back to the brunch. The food just wasn't our style. Sushi was taste less (to me) and one that did have a taste was very fishy. The entree's you can pick were pretty good, the Blueberry Pancakes were the best. Our waiter started off our experience on a bad note. He was extremely overweight (not that that was a problem), but his clothes did not fit properly and he was sweaty! I mean pouring dripping sweat. His glasses had sweat on them, his clothes appeared dirty and sweaty. I had to force myself not to think about all the sweat that ended up in our food. And he kept forgetting things. For the price that I paid for this experience I was expecting to be wowed and not disgusted. So would not go back here.

Cape May was good all around. Got our monies worth with the crab legs and clams. The hot tea was very good too. (I think that was because I was cold and wet from rain). Would go back here again.

Teppan Endo was good also, great entertainment and good food. Loved the shrimp and salad. Would go back here again.

Would go back to Kona Cafe, really enjoyed the breakfast there.

50's was good, but since we have been there a few times already (only went this time for the kids to experience it), I would go to a new restaurant. Nothing bad to say. They did go out of the way to let me buy and take with me a bottle of wine.

Ohana's is good. Food and service was great, but just too much food. Would only go back if I had more people with me that ate more food than we did. lol

We got a Cabana at Blizzard Beach and an umbrella at Typhoon Lagoon. Should have reversed that. I like the cabana's better at Typhoon Lagoon not so much at Blizzard Beach, umbrella's would have been fine there. But enjoyed both water parks.

Finally got to ride 7DMT and loved it. I have to say that I loved Ever After also. And really loved the Frozen Sing a Long.

The kids loved the Jedi Training.

Enjoyed the trading with the Jawa's. We brought light up rings. They loved them and worn them. We also brought some jewel rings, but since they did not light up, the Jawa's did not want them. lol

I am a smoker so I am observant of other smokers. I smoke in DSA sections unless I am in a parking lot. But I did notice that the whole walkway path from SM to Barnstormer was filled the whole lenght with smokers. I guess it might be because of the lack of DSA'S in the park. Also at the Caribbean resort, I saw smokers pretty much everywhere.

I also used a scooter. I noticed that the people were too busy walking and looking at their hand held devices that they just do not notice a scooter right behind them when they stop short, or cut across the path of one.

It was hot, but honestly I think its hotter here at home in VA than down there in Disney. We were totally prepared for the heat however. Lots of water, cooling neck ties, hats, misting spray bottles, and of course the way we toured. Our main touring was done after 5. Only did a couple of mornings, which in between rides we hit the inside attractions or went into stores. This is my second time going in August and would do it again. In fact, the buses were cold and inside restaurants were cold (to me), so I had to buy another jacket. Which of course I don't mind.

Overall had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter