Short Magic 10-11-2014 Review

jetegood

Earning My Ears
I really love Brent as cruise director on the Magic, but we had Natalie and she was fine. No problem or not bothersome in my opinion.

Disney cruise directors don't seem to interact with guests or host shows as much as other cruise lines. For instance, the Love and Marriage game show was hosted by Miguel and he also was club host for most adult events. He was great and very funny! I kept thinking that he was the cruise director.

Cabanas was fine. Not much variety, but food was good. I especially liked the chicken nuggets and steak fries from the kids side. I think the French fries taste better in Cabanas than at the Burger Bites grill place by the pool.

I like simple lunch foods, so I didn't notice if there were specific Latin selections.

For dinner, of the 3 rotating restaurants, I liked Lumiere's, and Animator's Palate the best. Our table of 6 didn't care much for Carioca's. Too spicy for my tastes.

We couldn't get the brunch in Palo's, although we tried. But, we did have a DELICIOUS dinner in Palo's. Kat was our server and she was great!

Halloween was good. We dressed up and did a little Trick or Treating. I think Disney Halloween is still a work in progress. There weren't a lot of people dressed up but the ones who did showed lots of creativity.

Guests and children were fine. Captain John was informative and usually available around dinner for photos and conversation.

Of the ports, I liked Grenada the best. We did DCL's Nutmeg and Waterfall tour. The tour guide was very knowledgeable about spices and their possible health values. I learned a lot.

The adult entertainment in Fathoms was great! Loved Buckets and Boards and David Williamson.

Things I didn't like:

Our stateroom on Deck 2 midship was too noisy. One day, we were awaken by hammering before 8:00 am.

This hammering and drilling continued for hours and lasted throughout the cruise. I had to call Guest Services almost daily to turn the noise down. I think if they were performing loud maintenance and construction work for hours, we should have been warned. We would have definitely not chosen that room or date.

Seats in Buena Vista Theater need more leg room. Heard several complaints from guests about that. I only watched one movie in there due to the lack of comfort for my legs.

Napkins by the pool. We had to go all the way to the other side to find paper napkins. If Cabanas was closed for lunch, we'd go to the grill and eat outside but there were no napkins unless you went to a special location and requested them. I didn't understand this this, since there are many adults and children who need napkins to clean up food/drink spills. There were only wet sanitizer wipes from a large container but this doesn't do the job or a paper or cloth napkins.

Overall, the trip was fine. I enjoyed it. Most of the staff was friendly, especially at Fathoms.

It wasn't my favorite Disney cruise due to the noise from construction/maintenance. I'd like more adult variety and different shows aside from the same stage shows.

I usually give my Disney trips a 5 star review but this cruise, I'd give it 3 stars.

Seats in Buena Vista Theater need more leg room. Heard several complaints from guests about that. I only watched one movie in there due to the lack of comfort for my legs. I'd give it 3 stars.

Where did you sit in the Buena Vista Theater?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter