Short Cincy Trip...any suggestions?

jacksmomma

WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?
We are headed to Cincy for a weekend trip. I am looking for suggestions for eating and fun. We are going to a Reds game and have already been to Newport Aquarium. Any really fun places to dine with kids?

Thanks! :goodvibes

If you have the funds, try King's Island. There is also a new place called Entertrainment Junction which has a bunch of train related activities. Of course, the Cincy Zoo is fabulous also. There are several restaurants near the Aquarium, but I am not familiar with what is downtown. Let me know if you have any other questions about the places I suggested. :thumbsup2

The zoo is really great. If you can swing it, get two days and a night in at Great Wolf Lodge next to King's Island. That place is great! You basically pay for a night in the hotel and two full days of water park passes at their indoor water park. It's fun!

We visit friends in Cincy a couple times a year. We've done the aquarium and had wonderful food at a German restaurant (I can get the info from them if you are interested) over the last few visits but I think the place the kids have loved best so far is the museum complex. It is in the Cincy train station and holds the children's, natural history, cincy and train museums all in one (I may be missing one).

You can get a combo ticket that gives you entry into all of them, or just one.

Our combined kids (2 5yo boys and a 9yo girl) really enjoyed it there.

Our friends live about 10min away from King's Island and we have yet to go there! We'll make it one of these trips!

We visit friends in Cincy a couple times a year. We've done the aquarium and had wonderful food at a German restaurant (I can get the info from them if you are interested) over the last few visits but I think the place the kids have loved best so far is the museum complex. It is in the Cincy train station and holds the children's, natural history, cincy and train museums all in one (I may be missing one).

You can get a combo ticket that gives you entry into all of them, or just one.

Our combined kids (2 5yo boys and a 9yo girl) really enjoyed it there.

Our friends live about 10min away from King's Island and we have yet to go there! We'll make it one of these trips!

Yes, what is the name of the restaurant?

We are going to do KI when we have another set adults with us so that we are not spending our whole day in kiddie land (or Hanna-Barbara Land as it was known when I was little. :thumbsup2)

The german restaurant was probably Hofbrauhaus, located just across the river in Newport, KY. It is a fun place with live entertainment on the weekend!

Anytime you come to Cincy, you have to eat at Skyline Chili and / or LaRosa's Pizzeria and then get ice cream from Graeters! Or if you want to eat at a more expensive restaurant, Montgomery Inn has great ribs.

Another fun thing I have done with my kids is to go to the top of the Carew Tower.

I would also second the previous recomendations:the Children's Museum, Cincinnati Zoo, EnterTrainment Junction, Kings Island, Great Wolf Lodge

Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter