• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

short bakery update

My BIL would, won't wait in line for 15 mins for Mickey but would wait an hour for a double espresso.

Sorry for the lateness of this but I had to work 2 parades tonight and just got to a computer.

Starbucks will be opening on Tuesday, June 18 and will likely have "soft openings" throughout Sunday and Monday, possibly some on Sat. (today) but not likely to the public.

Be prepared for long wait times as they are expecting the probability of wait times exceeding one hour at various periods. Don't say you weren't forewarned.

Last update from me.

We arrive on the 17th and I cannot wait to check it out! I don't care so much about getting favorite drink, just seeing it!!!:cool1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:love the antler comment. We are not coffee drinkers either and with no cinammon rolls there, we'll be skipping the new bakery too. We also do not like the maple icing when we got the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's last month. Guess we'll have to find a new breakfast at MK. First Disney gets rid of the beloved French toast loaf, not they ruin the cinnamon rolls.:sad2:

Same here! Shame too. The Main Street bakery used to always be a stop.

Ditto.

Do I remember hearing that the ice cream cookie sandwiches are at the ice cream parlor now? The change makes me sad. I have many fond memories of eating there with my family. :guilty:

Starbucks will be opening on Tuesday, June 18 and will likely have "soft openings" throughout Sunday and Monday, possibly some on Sat. (today) but not likely to the public.

Be prepared for long wait times as they are expecting the probability of wait times exceeding one hour at various periods. Don't say you weren't forewarned.

Not that I'd ever wait an hour to get in - but thanks! We will be at MK on the 19th :cool1:

We arrive on the 17th and I cannot wait to check it out! I don't care so much about getting favorite drink, just seeing it!!!:cool1:

Same here! :woohoo:

You'll be surprised at how many will. At least at DCA they did. I admit I waited about 45 mins the first time, but it was more so I could say I had Starbucks at Disney. I don't plan to do that at MK. (And I wasn't on vacation, it was just a trip down the freeway.)

Do I remember hearing that the ice cream cookie sandwiches are at the ice cream parlor now? The change makes me sad. I have many fond memories of eating there with my family. :guilty:

Yes, we got one there a couple of weeks ago. Still huge and yummy! :)

MAPLE! That's what it is! We were guessing caramel flavor. Either way, I don't like maple OR caramel! Plain old white icing was just perfect on them. The new icing is just too sickening sweet.

Good news on the Starbucks gift cards....I can redeem Bing points for them...another Disney savings!!!

We had our first cinnamon rolls last August, before the bakery closed and Gaston's opened. We had heard so much about them and just had to give it a try. I was really surprised about the maple icing. We thought it was really bad and figured we were in the maple-hating minority. I guess we missed out on its original incarnation and now it seems it's gone. Disappointing but I guess we'll adjust as we go to all changes at Disney. *sigh*

Funny....we like the ones at Gastons with the maple icing WAY more than the ones they had an the bakery! I've been hoping they use the same ones there when it reopens....

Why people would wait over an our for a coffee they can get anywhere I'll never understand.

We will be there for 12 days, usually by the 5th day I'm craving real coffee.....I'll probably wait longer than 15 minutes if I have to.

I was at the DCA Starbucks opening day and didn't wait long at all, it was almost as if people didn't realize it was there? I don't think Starbucks was displayed very large anywhere maybe that's why.

At DCA I always felt like the line was held up by people not knowing what they want to order, or ordering food. I'd like to see these locations have a "drinks only" line or maybe menus available for people in line - a Starbucks primer of sorts.

At DCA I always felt like the line was held up by people not knowing what they want to order, or ordering food. I'd like to see these locations have a "drinks only" line or maybe menus available for people in line - a Starbucks primer of sorts.

We were given menus at a couple of the counter service restaurants on our trip last week. It really did seem to speed up the line.

The lines at DCA can be really long and getting a table can be hard. That being said if noticed that if you go there early in the day the place is pretty empty.

I'm glad I'm not a coffee drinker. No reason to wait in those lines.

FYI-I will tell you that at the one in DCA they will absolutely not give you a cup of hot water (like other CS will) Said it against Starbucks's policy-it's too hot. I'm wondering how much hotter than boiling it is? :confused3 They would only give us a cup of hot tap water-yuck!!

This was posted on another forum board by a Main Street Bakery CM:

-Starbucks has created new techniques that will be seen only at WDW. If a success, they could be used at other SB locations (again, don't want to get into specifics) Hint: The idea is to have your drink ready as soon as you reach the register.

So, it sounds like ordering while in line...

Why people would wait over an our for a coffee they can get anywhere I'll never understand.

We won't be waiting because it is Starbucks, we will be waiting because we love coffee and the alternatives in WDW are horrible.

People wait for pineapple juice with ice cream, including me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter