Shopping question

theotherlostprincess

Mouseketeer
ok so this may or may not be the right place to post but tips seemed to be the best option....anyway last year i saw a disney christmas train set for under the tree. It was quite large and i am planning on visiting again this november and picking it up if it is sold again. The problem is i dont really want to take it out of the box, but its too large to take on the plane (or check underneath). Does disney world offer any shipping options from the park or is there a fedex somewhere at one of the hotels that i can send it home to myself? Also, if disney doe offer shipping does anyone have any ideas on prices? I dont want to spend more than like 50 dollars to ship it. Thanks

Ask at the shop. They can ship most things to your home. The prices is going to depend on the size and weight of the package - you'll just have to ask when you're there.

If you have Disney ship it for you directly from the gift shop, you don't even have to pay sales tax (assuming you don't live in FL). It should be very convenient, and the last time I checked the cost it was reasonable.

If it is still available you can purchase it and arrange to have to shipped home. Shipping cost is based on the cost of the item(s) you are having shipped.

If you don't want to wait until your next trip you can call mail order merchandising (877) 560-6477 to purchase the train and have it shipped to you. The shipping cost seems to be the same as when you buy it in a store. Here's a shipping table from several years ago, but it seems close to what we were charged last year when we shipped some things from several different stores:
http://allears.net/tp/mailorder.htm

Shipping is based on the cost of merchandise so it might seem a little high depending on what you're buying but probably well worth it so you don't have to worry about packing it yourself and finding a fedex/ups/post office somewhere.

We have purchased several items as "Gifts" for our kids, so obviously we don't want to take it back to the Camper (as we go to FW) with us, even though size is not an issue for us. It's about secrecy and the surprise. Anyway, we have shipped small and large, and the prices for shipping were extremely reasonable. I don't necessarily recall if it was based on size, weight or cost of item, but it was reasonable nonetheless (and coming from a guy who is "Tight" with the money, that says something).

I will say, the shipping is not always very "Speedy". I did not (nor do I) get "Express" shipping mostly because it wasn't a need for us so I cannot speak to that option. We had one package take about 2 weeks to arrive. So if you need it quickly (at home) just keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter