Shopping in Ypsilanti?

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
Does anyone know the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area? I'm going to a conference there next week, (staying at Eagle Crest Resort) and wondered if anyone knows of shopping/dining nearby.

Hi! I grew up in Ypsi-Arbor. You are on Ford Lake, on the east side of Ypsi. (This could matter if you ask someone for directions.)
Anyway, there is a Walmart, Target, and a Meijer's (awesome full grocery store plus Walmart/Target type stuff, toys, clothes, furnishings, photo lab) just a couple of miles from you on Ellsworth. Coming from ECR, you'd see the Walmart first, after you pass Hewitt Rd. and the Target and Meijer's are part of a big group of stores at the corner of Ellsworth and Carpenter. There is also a Babies R Us, Rave Motion Pictures (20+ screens), McD's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Steak & Shake, Applebee's, and a decent Chinese place, Lai Lai's (kung pao or General Tsao's recommended, Happy Family if you're splurging) all in the same area. A 7-11 and a Dunkin Donuts are at the corner of Hewitt and Ellsworth. A block away at Hewitt and Michigan Ave/US-12 (right by the on-ramps for I-94) is a gas station and a Wendy's/Tims combo.

HTH!

AJ

Started to drool at Steak n Shake, and then you said General Tsao's Chicken. Decisions, decisions! :thanks:

If you're willing to drive 15 minutes, you can do mall shopping at Briarwood Mall on State Street, right off of exit 177? of I-94. (You'll be near exit 183.) Macy's, JCP, Sears, H&M, Sephora, GAP, Forever 21, Apple Store, Ann Taylor, Coach, Banana Republic, et al.
If you like boutique ambiance, you can go downtown Ann Arbor near the central campus of U Michigan for more exclusive, pricier stuff. Lots of good restaurants, including a vegan place, Seva, but you could go classic UofM and have pizza at the Brown Jug or the original Cottage Inn. (You could also just order CI to be delivered to your hotel. Get a sesame crust.) Ooh! Or a calzone and milkshake at Bob's. Om nom nom.

We were just in Ann Arbor for the weekend and went to Ypsilanti for Saturday afternoon. The downtown is pretty quiet but there are a couple of good antique/vintage stores there. We spent most of our time in Ann Arbor: the Briarwood mall is great (AMAZING sales on right now) and on Main Street. We ate at Cottage Inn Pizza the first night, an Ann Arbor tradition with lots of different microbrews on tap.
Have fun and happy shopping, the dollar is in our favour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter