• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shopping in WDW

Pudge7

Earning My Ears
I have been to WDW 3 times as a "kid" but this August will be my first trip as an "adult" and I will be going with my boyfriend (and future husband). We not only want to utilize our time at the shows and rides, but we would also like to spend some time shopping around at the various gift shops, especially in DTD and the WS in Epcot.

Any suggestions for good buys anywhere? We would like to get one of those Mexican blankets in Mexico and a Lucky Cat in Japan or China. Do you know what the prices of those are?

Also, are gift cards a good idea to take to the parks instead of cash? Do all places take the Disney Gift Cards?

We LOVE to shop in the World Showcase. Forget the traditional Disney souvenirs...I spend most of my money in the WS on items I can use everyday at home.

We buy lucky cats on every trip. They range in size and price. We buy the smallest and tuck them around the house in fun places like window sills. They are around $3 I believe. I also collect dishes from Japan on each trip (mostly bowls).

I always get my daughter a Disney gift card for our trips and she has been able to use them most everywhere on property. There will be a few exceptions but I believe most anywhere you can use a credit card on property you should be able to use a gift card. We never experienced a problem.

My favorite shop is the kitchen shop at Downtown Disney. Always find great things there. DH knows whenever we go there to just let me be and follow me with a little cart. lol

From the Disney Gift Card website:

Walt Disney World Theme Parks

The Disney Gift Card can be used to purchase Theme Park admission tickets and annual passes. It may also be used at Disney owned and operated merchandise, dining and recreation locations where credit cards are currently accepted. Some carts, and other outdoor Merchandise vendors may not be able to accept the gift card.

For some reason I thought GC's were not accepted at the department store in Japan because it was not a Disney "owned." I am probably wrong and someone from DIS will correct me! :rotfl2:

With that said...take some time to look through all the shops in the World Showcase. It's nice to walk around in the evening when the lights are starting to come on, get a favorite beverage and just window shop! You never know what you will find. Plus it can be very romantic. :love:

Do pick a pearl in Japan...Fun and less than $20.00. I love the kitchen store in DTD. Got my Mickey ice cube trays! :) Love the crystal store in Germany, too!

I'm sure the GC's are accepted in all of Disney, but why not just charge to your room card, then pay however you want when your trip is finished? This is so easy, your 'limit' is in your head (not a card) so don't have to worry about balances, or another card to worry about. You could *Lose* your GC also.

We never bring cash to the parks as everything took room charge on our last visit. (Didn't try the roaming carts, so not sure of them)

Shopping in WS - one of my most favorite things to do in WDW. DH loves the wine in Italy and France. DD loves Japan. DS loves China.

Uh, yeah, we need two days in Epcot.

Another favorite is AK.

I absolutely LOVE the crystal store in Germany and its a must do every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter