Shopping Discount

xApril

DIS Veteran
Hi!
I'm going for my second trip at the end of this week. When I went in December, they did something similar to WDW where they give you a coupon at the bottom of your receipt for a discount if you shop in the morning. Do you think they will do that at all during the 60th anniversary? I'm going with no, but figured the veterans may know better.

I'll be there the 28th-2nd!

I think there's a good chance they'll run the receipt promotion since they have in past years. But it could be even more restrictive than just before a certain time and certain locations than it has been. They're also doing the word of the day promotion with some of the daily prizes being coupons, so there's a chance they'll do that instead of offers on receipts.

I didn't see it last week, but remember getting them in the past. A CM told me once they are usually for off-peak times. So unless they consider next week offpeak, I would say the chances are slim. Especially with all the overpriced 60th merchandise that is flying off shelves.

Oh, I didn't see that you were going next week. I thought you were going Dec 28-Jan 2. Yeah, there's no chance for that promotion this week, they don't need to offer it. Now the promotion that offered a dining discount from 2pm-4pm one year during Spring break. That would be a smart idea to bring back, but I doubt they will.

I have been able to take advantage of those coupons during peak and off peak times. We have used them during trips in late April, late June/early July and New Year's week.

I don't think they're going to be offering the shopping discounts at this point...they don't need to encourage folks to go shopping given all of the new 60th merchandise! They weren't offering them during the Memorial Day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter