• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shopping Around the World Showcase...What are your Faves?

GPC0321

DIS Veteran
I'm interested in everyone's favorite shops and souvenirs from the World Showcase. Shopping is going to be a bit of a priority this coming trip, especially for two of my life-long best friends, and I'd like to find them each (women in their early 40's) something nice but not outlandishly expensive. Neither one of them is a Disney nut like me, so I'm thinking the World Showcase will be a good place to find them something non-Disney related.

The Venetian masks really caught my attention the last time I was there. And, of course, there will be lots of Christmas ornaments and such.

Tell me some not-to-miss shops!

I really like the perfume they sell in Norway. It's natural and lovely. And I get carried away by the incense they have at the Morocco Pavilion. It smells so great. That's an inexpensive thing to take home and evokes great memories of WDW. The UK Pavilion has fun teas and tea serving things that make me smile when I bring them out back home.

I guess I like things that I use at home that bring up memories.
I love all the "countries" in World Showcase. They all have fun things to delight the senses. Have a great time and happy shopping!

I've gotten some really pretty ceramic bowls in the Japan Pavilion. In fact, those are the bowls I use for my cereal in the mornings, and also the bowls I use for my cat's food.

You can also do pick-a-pearl in the Japan Pavilion. Might be fun for each of you to get a pearl and pick a setting. It's a really fun process!

Last edited:
Wow, where do I start?! LOL! We love the painted animals in the Mexico pavilion. There is usually an artist there demonstrating the artform. Norway is lovely. We particularly like the Geir beauty products (sometimes Geir himself is there to say hello!) and the Dale of Norway sweaters though they are quite expensive. Germany has beautiful Christmas ornaments. There are some more lovely colognes in Italy and France. I've gotten lovely scarves and hair accessories in France and they have some make-up counters as well. We also like the food products and home goods in France and Italy. Japan is an AMAZING store and they have a lot of lovely home goods and treats at affordable prices. I love the little bells they sell there. Can you tell I've shopped quite a bit in WS?!

Mexico, inside, even if I don't buy anything, I just love that area. Twinings Tea Shop in UK, I swear I buy a year supply of tea when I am there in the summer. Japan, and China both have lovely shops as well, and the caramel shop in Germany for sugar free Werthers :)

I am not sure what she buy's (my excuse is I am a man) but my daughter spends close to an hour each shopping in 2 lands Mexico and China.

The blown glass ornament shop at Germany! They have both Disney and non-Disney themed ornaments.

I did a shadowbox of an item from each country. Most were $10-$20 and under. Mexico has the hand-painted magnets, trolls from Norway$$, chop sticks from Japan, ornament from Germany, Mask pins$$ from Italy, Jim Shore American eagle, fan from China, finger symbols and rug postcard from Morocco, Remy tin sign from France, stuffed toy soldier from UK and a totem pole from Canada. The more expense were the trolls in Viking ship for $30 and the mask pin was $40.

I go to Disney about 3 times a year so don't buy things every trip but at least once a year I buy a mask in Italy, they aren't cheap and are currently laying on the bed in the room they are supposed to be hung in. One of these day's I'll get honey to hang them. I normally get an ornament from Germany and my son likes to buy a stein from either Germany, Norway or England most trips. I can't think of a country I haven't bought something from at one time or another. These come to mind: Tea and a pretty set of cups from GB, cap from Canada and my son got one of those leather bracelets with his name on it about 20 years ago (I wear it now), a beret for my niece from France, many tunics from Morocco (I love them), my masks from Italy, ornaments and steins from Germany, a cane from the little African outpost, a purse from Japan, a tunic from China and jewelry and a buddha, my son gets steins from Norway and once bought a jacket there when he lived in Chicago, glasses/jewelry/ jackets from Mexico. Oddly enough, I don't think we have ever bought anything other than a pin from America. I've probably bought jewelry from every country through the years as well. Wine is always a good option, we do a wine tasting in at least France, Germany and Italy just about every trip, we've thrown in Japan and Morocco some years.

Loving all of these replies! Makes me even more excited for the trip! I love shopping for gifts.

I did a shadowbox of an item from each country. Most were $10-$20 and under. Mexico has the hand-painted magnets, trolls from Norway$$, chop sticks from Japan, ornament from Germany, Mask pins$$ from Italy, Jim Shore American eagle, fan from China, finger symbols and rug postcard from Morocco, Remy tin sign from France, stuffed toy soldier from UK and a totem pole from Canada. The more expense were the trolls in Viking ship for $30 and the mask pin was $40.
OT- But I have to say I adore this idea! I'm always looking for different and fun ways to incorporate my love for Disney into my home without buying a bunch of dust collecting tchotchkes and this is perfect! Mentally filing it away so I can make note of it in my Disney notebook.

We were just shopping around the world a few days ago. I love Mexico. Check out the PJ’s in Canada - very nice and soft. Almost bought some cute mugs at UK pavilion but restrained myself. Japan is a great place also.

I love the perfume in France. I use it everyday. I have an apron I got in France which brings a smile to me when I wear it. I got a pair of earrings from Italy years ago. Was not happy when I lost them. Time to go back and get another pair of earrings

Tea cups in China or Japan
In Sept there were some Komodo style dresses in China for $29. Bought one to wear as a gown. It’s super comfortable.
Lotion in England. Also there is a small section of nice purses there too.
Candy in any country.
A bottle of wine in France or Italy

Germany and UK are my favorite shops, and the ones I tend to buy things (or want to buy things) in. I used to love Mexico because they had a store with a ton of silver jewelry, but when we were there last month, the jewelry inventory had been cut down to a fourth of what it once was. :-(

I rarely bother looking in Italy, France, or Canada... I've never found anything there all too interesting.

We also bought a couple of the painted animals from Mexico and we also bought a Tomb Soldier from China.

They had some nice (and inexpensive) small handbags in China. I also like the store in Japan; they have very nice notecards that are nicer and cheaper than what you would get in a Hallmark store. I buy a few whenever I go. They also have a wide array of chopsticks (my kids like using them at home vs the disposable ones you get with your sushi orders). We have also purchased some bowls there.

A lot of the stuff you can buy cheaper elsewhere (and not have to haul it home), for example the candy in Japan: go to an Asian food store. The Rosa Regale in Italy: buy it at Sam's or Cosco or anywhere else.

Japan is my favorite - everything from the sake bar to the ceramic tea pots to the manga section. I think I spend close to $50 every time I go into that shop. Also they have specialty teas from Japan which I go crazy over, they have a new flavor each month.

I also like Germany crystal/ornament shop. I bought my mom, aunt & Nana a glass slipper personalized there ~5 years ago. I think it was $25/slipper. Made an amazing Christmas gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter