Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

K maybe I’m tired but I have a question.
this is my first year trying to do two cards mine and my sons.
if I shop with his AM cards but my MasterCard will he still get the airmiles? Bonuses ?
and will I get the MasterCard bmo bonuses ? If I pay with my MasterCard but present his am card?
I'm up early this morning...so I'll answer. Your son would get the AM associated with using his card (and any coupons that you use) and you get the miles associated with MC.

My DD has an AM account but only I have the card. I do what you are saying all the time. In my house AM is 95% for Disney stuff so my DD has a card from my account which is our main one....DH and older DD also have a card from my account.

I think I might be able to do 7 on two cards, only because we had a home insurance pay out for a broken pipe, so we can easily do both at Lowes. Also since my husband's card is new, he can do the Samsung Pay and sign up for surveys.
For the HBC, do you have to have HBC points in your account to sign up for the conversion?
I'm sure I could pick up some things for the office from Staples. My boss wants a new printer...I'll stall him until the staples promo starts in Dec! Ha.
I wish American Express was on there as well. I'm guessing with their new 1 for $5 AM earn they didn't need to participate in this.

I think I might be able to do 7 on two cards, only because we had a home insurance pay out for a broken pipe, so we can easily do both at Lowes. Also since my husband's card is new, he can do the Samsung Pay and sign up for surveys.
For the HBC, do you have to have HBC points in your account to sign up for the conversion?
I'm sure I could pick up some things for the office from Staples. My boss wants a new printer...I'll stall him until the staples promo starts in Dec! Ha.
I wish American Express was on there as well. I'm guessing with their new 1 for $5 AM earn they didn't need to participate in this.
For HBC you just have to sign up for a loyalty card and then do the conversion. No points necessary.

I'm really happy with the offers in Qc. Usually we are the poor sibling of Sobeys when there 're Blue Friday or GC promotions but like the last few years, they make it easy for STB.

My card:
1- BMO (50AM/350$)
2- Shell (5AM/25L+)
3- IGA (5AM/95AM)
4- IGA-Express (10AM/15$+)
5- Rachelle-Béry (5AM/95AM)
6- Jean Coutu (3X AM/20$+)
7- Staples (25AM/100$+) -- I will stock up on printer ink for work
Extra: Sobeys or Foodland (5X/50$+)

DH card:
1- Shell (5AM/25L+)
2- IGA (5AM/95AM)
3- IGA-Express (10AM/15$+)
4- Rachelle-Béry (5AM/95AM)
5- Jean Coutu (3X AM/20$+)
6- Airmilesshops.ca (50AM/100$+) -- Need to buy a Polaroid photo printer for my DD Christmas gift
7- Sobeys or Foodland (5X/50$+)
Extra: LCBO

I think this STB is going to be a bust for me. Unless some of the offers change drastically I'm out. I can do a Shell and a Rexall but there is nothing else. Foodland is a drive and more often than not expensive. The Metro offers don't have anything of interest that I would normally buy. We don't really drink here, neither do most of our friends, so no LCBO. Even the spend $350 on the BMO MC at sponsors might be a stretch. I was hoping for some of the easier ones like use 95 AM or the BMO/AMEX use your card 25 times. Maybe they will come later but for now I'm not going into this to aggressively.
Good luck to everyone else.

This should be easy for me x 2.

My Card:
Sobeys 5x $50
Lawton's Drugs 5x $40
Irving Cash miles or $100 gift cards
Shell 1 fill up
Pharmasave 3 branded products or cash miles
Airmilesshops (Amazon)
BMO

DH's Card:
Sobeys
Lawton's
Irving
Shell
Pharmasave
Airmilesshops (Amazon)
Kent $40 (need new drip pans for stove)

I'm not sure how many I will get this time, I am really unenthused with the offers. With the higher spend amounts required now compared to miles received and that I will have to purchase from stores I don't normally shop at has me thinking is it really worth it. Airmiles has me starting to pay more attention to my PC points and Rukaten now. I also think there are far to many buy a new car or car parts offers.

Just clarifying: I can buy $100 worth of books through airmilesshops at amazon, and it still counts as a buy even though amazon itself won't award airmiles for books.
Editted to add: what about buying gift cards? Will the airmilesshop count? (again, no amazon AM)

Last edited:
I can for sure do 3, 5 will be stretch. I wish the Staples one started with the rest as I have a couple of things saved up to buy from there. I wish the airmilesshops one was total and not a single transaction. Will be able to do Sobeys and Lawtons for sure... Ah the Airmiles planning lol

This is my plan-very little spending that I wouldn't do:
Airmilesshops-got my wish list ready
Metro-flowers (I'd normally buy at Costco, but I ❤ Metro flowers)
Foodland-normal shop
Global Pet-cat is getting a new "tree" for Christmas and I haven't seen them at Costco recently.
Shell-normal buy of gas
LCBO-this one I am :cool1:for, since Jacob's Creek is my go to wine, and I often buy exactly what they are offering! Woohoo!
Sobeys-not a problem to buy IF I am close to one
Rexall-I will make a point of getting to Rexall in early December for some last minute stocking stuffers

Well. this is going to be tricky!
Shell
Sobeys
Rexall
Global Petfood
Maybe Children's Place
Maybe Metro
Maybe Airmilesshop online but I HATE using that.
So I'm guessing 5? Not sure I'll get to 7 unless something changes. Boo!!

I'll do Shell on my way home tonight, I need gas and was going to stop yesterday but thought "no, wait until tomorrow for STB".

I don't know if I'll make 7. I can do 6 but for my 7th, it's tricky. I don't need tires, my youngest is starting to age/grow out of children's place, I've already done Miss Fresh, Samsung pay and the Bay. I don't drink at home, and no need for anything else.

Air Miles doesn't care what payment is made, correct? I have $100 cash miles. I can meet my minimum required spend (say Foodland $50); pay using $50 CASH MILES and I should still receive the 50 bonus miles PLUS count as my STB purchase, yes?

Up bright and early today--had an ultrasound appointment at 8:oo am.
Revised plan 1 card 7 shops.
:moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped:

Hello Shell--no booklets that's ok I have the printed coupon--what's that the code isn't working........ok I'll come back later.......................
OK I switched to Opt in for gas and will get it in a couple of days.

Good Morning Metro...No Booklets ...that's ok I have a printed coupon...what's that no Metro gift baskets ,,,ok I'll come back later.........................
Ok switched and will wait for Rexall coupon on Dec 2

Hello Sobeys ---No booklets ...that's ok I printed my own,,,,,,what's that your not sure I can buy two planters with the coupon...well let's try and if the coupon doesn't work we are canceling the order.....yes I am operating on NO coffee..........
YEAH it had to be manually input but it worked
Promo code 6. (spend $50.00 get 5x the airmiles).
So 1 offer done.

Picked up $350.00 in Gas ,Disney and Coffee cards to do me well into the New Year..BMO offer. Remember to Opt in first.
So 2 offers done.....

Son called he will be doing a $100.00 airmiles shop for me soon...YEAH!!
So 3 offers done!

Rona for Lepage's construction glue $11.99
Printed on the receipt Bonus Code#1058=20 Airmiles
So 4 offers done!

You can search LCBO prices here
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/sto...tYHJunN2fPHnqWYb6iXk2V4thGGKMCP7yRvypmsoac%3D
A bottle of Amarula for secret santa gift
Price $38.95 1140 ml bottle
20 bonus airmiles no coupon needed
receipt says:nothing to indicate that this is a shop the block promo,,no airmiles posted on the receipt either.(keep your receipt for this one).
So 5 offers done!

Will do Shell Opt in gas tomorrow for offer #6
Will do Rexall on Dec 2nd for offer #7

I know it's best to wait for this promo but today was a good day for me to try.
Happy shopping everyone.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
My card:
1 - Shell -- spend $10 offer - I'll purchase a $25 LCBO gift card since only Shell gift cards are excluded
2 - LCBO -- I love Amarula! We haven't had a bottle in at least two years. I'll use two $25 LCBO gift cards.
3 - Sobey's -- I still have a gift card and will wait until stuff I want is on sale
4 - Foodland -- again wait until stuff I want is on sale but use existing cash miles to pay if it will still count as a STB?
5 - AirMilesShop -- I already have a list of items needed for Christmas. I've just been waiting for STB.
6 - Metro -- Probably the catering menu - again, I'd like to use existing cash miles to pay if it will count as a STB?
7 - Rexall --

The only extra I'm spending will be on the Amarula and Metro. We already get our gas from Shell so that's a regular everyday purchase. Same with the groceries from Sobey's, Foodland and Rexall's. With Christmas I already have a list of items needing to be ordered from Amazon and Chapters.

Husband's card:
1 - Shell -- spend $10 offer - I'll purchase another LCBO gift card for the Amarula that I'm getting on my card
2 - Sobey's --
3 - Foodland --
4 - Metro -- catering menu again.
5 - Rexall --
6 - airmilesshop at Chapters - can we still order gift cards and get miles for them? If so, I need a $50 and two $25's
7 - Probably Staples... I'm sure I'll need ink and paper before STB stops

I may be able to make it work 7 on two cards. The rona/lowes buys ( $12 for the construction glue each store) is a cheap buy. They would be my only buys to chase miles. I could find a use for it eventually.

Shell $10 (gift cards) *2
Rona $12 glue *2
Lowes $12 glue *2
Metro *2 (hoping they eventually have a spend miles one)
Rexall *2
Children's place *2 (I'm going to miss this one when my kids are too big for the clothes)
Bmo on one
HBC on the other

*edit - If I do an Am shop ($100) at staples with my bmo card, would that kill two birds and get me $100 towards the bmo spend? That would be awesome as I need to buy another gaming chair.

Last edited:
Well. this is going to be tricky!
Shell
Sobeys
Rexall
Global Petfood
Maybe Children's Place
Maybe Metro
Maybe Airmilesshop online but I HATE using that.
So I'm guessing 5? Not sure I'll get to 7 unless something changes. Boo!!

I'll do Shell on my way home tonight, I need gas and was going to stop yesterday but thought "no, wait until tomorrow for STB".
Do you have some AM Cash. There are two other easy ones you could do in Gatineau.. IGA and Jean Coutu both have use 95AM Cash get 5AM. Both stores are in the same shopping plaza and it is easy to navigate to IGA Extra des Grives. It is a special trip but one worth the extra time for the extra AM. You also wouldn't have to do Airmilesshops. I plan on picking up a poinsettia and some Chex cereal (done)

Air Miles doesn't care what payment is made, correct? I have $100 cash miles. I can meet my minimum required spend (say Foodland $50); pay using $50 CASH MILES and I should still receive the 50 bonus miles PLUS count as my STB purchase, yes?
Yes. How you pay for your order is independent of the offer for spending $50 get 50 Bonus miles.

Donald must be busy working on the updates for the first page so I'll remind everyone. Slow down. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Wait until others have reported success before running out to get everything done. As bababear has mentioned a number of the offers aren't up and running yet in the stores. Patience! will bring success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter