Shoot me now....!

godders

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! As I'm sure some of you know, I'll be heading back to the world this september for my 2nd solo trip.

Unfortunately I've applied for a job and the first interview is on the 10th/11th September which is right at the beginning of the holiday (fly in on the 6th and start at universal then head to Disney on the 9th)

So I'm currently on the phone to Disney to move my trip back by a few days only it's really complicated because I'd extended my original trip so that I'd added an extra night at All-Star Movies and then one extra night at the Contemporary in a theme park view room which is the bit I definitely did not want to lose!

And I just got off the phone and they were able to rebook me so I now arrive at All-Star Movies on the 13th for 7 nights (8 nights actually including the extra one) then I transfer over to the Contemporary and then finally I move over to Art of Animation (because there weren't any All-Star Movies rooms left) and stay there for 4 nights.

But now I'm really worried about all my ADRs. I did them at 180 days out so I was able to get some very sort-after ones and I just hope that they don't all disappear as the booking has changed completely. It does mean I'm losing some awesome ones as well because of the change of dates so I will be cancelling a Cali Grill at 8.50pm (9/09), Akershus 8.30am (10/09), Chefs de France 6.50pm (11/09) and Sanaa 1.35pm (12/09)

But it is all very stressful so seriously someone shoot me now (and if I don't get this job interview I'm going to cry!)

Your ADR's should be fine. Just check in your MDE that they are still there. Seeing as you are still within the 180 day window, I cant imagine they would change. They arent actually tied to your hotel reservation anyway (even offsite guests can book at 180 days).

Cheer up, and good luck on the interview!

First...congrats on the interview; concentrate on that...the food will work itself out. It may not be the same experience but that doesn't mean it's going to be bad; it's just something to reschedule for next time.

I think DetroitDisney is right about the ones you don't have to cancel/reschedule but even with the ones you do, even if they don't show availability, they may still have it. I've had some great walk-ins going solo (including Yachtsman's and Il Mulino).

There's going to be cancellations (so re-check when you can before you go), and there's going to be people that don't show up (getting rarer with the penalty now) but there's still going to be the slower periods between the peak times that everyone wants (be willing to adjust your times). Flexibility is key so even if you can't get an ADR, and can't walk-in, there is so much good food that can be found just right around the corner. Epcot...too many choices, Sanaa....Jiko is a pleasant walk over to. Cali Grill...we still have tried anything in that area...I'm no help there; but with the monorail right there...

Our favorite place when we have downtime and want great food, some entertainment, not long of a wait during off-prime hours...Raglan Road.

The Mouse tries to find a way to provide for everyone. Good Luck on the interview!!

cheers,
--john

Last edited:
Hope you get the interview and then the job after all that, will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Don't think it will effect your ADRs, at least I hope not and hope you can rearrange the others that you need to cancel

Thanks for the pep talk guys! Definitely what I needed. The new reservations haven't shown up on MDE yet but naturally I've now realised I might lose my FPs.....:sad: Most of them I don't mind but those hard to get ones will be very irritating if they've gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter