Shoes When It Rains

skoocher

MouseFamily
So I am getting the feeling that it is going to be raining during our visit next week. What is everyones preference for shoes when it is raining? Do you go with sandals? Waterproof socks? Rain boots? Just want to make sure we pack accordingly.

Thanks!

chaco sandals! made for the water but also as durable and comfortable as a hiking boot.

I usually wear sandles in the rain - then I don't have wet socks and shoes, and I have usually found that the rain is warm enough that my feet don't get really cold.

I personally don't like to walk around in wet sandles. And I do find the rain cold, especially in the later hours. After having read several trip reports about people getting rained on in Feb. and after having experienced the rain last year, I decided to be prepared this year. So...we all have waterproof shoes. The guys have tie shoes from Lands End at Sears, and little one has a pair of walking boots from Stride Rite that are waterproofed and I have a pair of slip on waterproof clogs. I also have a complete set of waterproof outerwear for us. The ponchos are just not sufficient to stay dry. I hated to spend the money on all that stuff, but as the week is getting closer, it is appearing to be a good investment as about 1/2 of our trip appears to be rain and the other half seems to be a chance of rain.

Wouldn't go without my sloggers!

sloggers.com or amazon.com

I have several pair and types! I'm wearing them today::yes::

Me and my sis went on this past Friday and were dumped on...and we both wished we would have worn waterproof shoes..I was wearing vans and she was wearing converse and they were soaked..we saw alot of people with rain boots, which was smart..and just ordinary running shoes also. For me personally I would wear rain boots cause if you tuck your jeans into the boots you don't have to worry about your jeans getting wet. But I wouldn't wear sandals, cause Friday was a cold storm and I heard that the one at the end of this week is cold too..but that's just my opinion..hope it helps!!

I wore waterproof Land's End shoes, DDs and DH wore leather athletic shoes and no one complained of wet feet. I would suggest wearing shoes with good traction, there are some very slippery areas in the park - especially the entrance to Adventure Land. It was a cold rain - downpours at times - and they had to cancel the 2nd Fantasmic - we felt sorry for the cold/wet crowd that was waiting for the show.

I have water resistant hiking shoes from Columbia. they aren't completely waterproof but they work well enough for me. I also have a rain suit (pants and jacket) to put on over my clothes.

In another thread someone posted that putting plastic baggies over the socks keeps a good insulated wall between wet shoes and dry socks. Anyone else try this?

Just don't wear crocs! Unless you want to slip and slide all over the pavement! :lmao: I love wearing my mary jane crocs at the parks but if there is any chance of rain I don't. ;)

waterproof socks would have been nice I had wet socks a whole trip once!:sad2:

Waterproof socks?? Seriously? Never heard of them....huh....

We just wear our tennis shoes/sneakers. We take more than 1 pair and we take extra socks. That way if our shoes are wet we have another pair for the next day. :) I have to have comfy shoes, I can't do rain boots for long periods of time.

In another thread someone posted that putting plastic baggies over the socks keeps a good insulated wall between wet shoes and dry socks. Anyone else try this?

I've sorta of tried this, but not at DL... I can't quite remember where I was traveling, but my shoes got wet for some reason. I tried using a plastic bag to help keep my feet dry, but with all the walking I was doing, the friction just broke the bag. I suppose if I had a sturdier bag, it may have helped more.

I just wear a good tennis shoe, the kind that don't have fabric tops. (I DID wear the fabric topped ones once; oops. Never again! :flower3: ) My only problem is that I only have one pair that doesn't have fabric uppers, so that could be a bit of a problem, depending on the weather during our trip. (I like to change shoes at least every day, if not at the break, and of course if one pair gets wet you want a fresh pair later!)

I hope you have a great trip!

Does anyone know where they might sell rainboots near the Anaheim area? I had a hard time finding waterproof shoes when it poured on us one year. I agree about tucking the pants into the boots because our jeans were soaked from the calf down. The rain just runs off the poncho and right onto your pants; also the water gets kicked up with every step you take when it's really wet.

Anyone have new suggestions since some of the disers just survived torrential rain?

We may have a few days of rain later this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter