Shoes for Parks

golden1023

Earning My Ears
Just starting to think about getting some new shoes for our upcoming trip. Last time I was happy with tennis shoes. However, my kids are older and want to water rides! Not a fun thing in tennis shoes. Are there any suggestions on super comfy shoes for walking all day! I love my Crocs but am thinking of some sandal/tennis shoes Keen/Merrel/Teva kind of thing! Thanks DIS'rs!

The best sandals I have ever worn are by Chaco. They have a variety of styles and are great for water, walking and overall comfort. They are adjustable so when my feet swell from heat and walking, I can just adjust them. I would not go to WDW without my Chacos.

They have shoe styles that are a cross between a sandal and a shoe that also are very comfortable.

Good Luck

i just got this:
trailbreak_10375_side_200.jpg

I am jealous, I can't find these here. Do they fit the same way the orig/clog style crocs do in terms of sizing? may be worth me getting them online

yes, I use the same size for all my crocs,have 5 pairs all differents,my wife could not find her size here,she's going to order them.

I bought some Merrel hiking shoes from Dick's a few weeks ago. They are so comfy. They look like sneakers too but have more padding and better treads.

I have woren the Teva-Dozers, which are great because they are light weight and look like sandals and tennis shoes. You might also want check out the LLBean web-site. They sell shoes for water/hiking.

Orthaheel flip flops (I have the Tide version). Amazing. Made my Crocs feel like Old Navy flip flops.

Just wear them around for a week or two prior to break them in. They were a little stiff the first week I wore them, and I have to admit a bit painful. But once broken in, they have been nothing but AMAZING. They were designed by a podiatrist, and my podiatrist loves them. Plus they're cute, so that's a bonus. :)

One note about Crocs(though I am a fan): Last trip I was wearing my Mickey Crocs walking the Boardwalk early in the morning. Either it had just rained, or they had just power washed the boardwalk, but it was like walking on ice:scared1:
I was taking little baby steps and holding on to DW's hand like I was 90 years old. Dunno if all the Crocs styles are like this, but as many wet surfaces as one can encounter in WDW, it's something to consider.

I'm a huge Croc fan as well, but they are kinda slippery at times. Just bought a pair of Teva Dozers....so far they're crazy comfortable!

I also bought a pair of Teva Dozers. I just got them in the mail today and love how comfortable they are! I have wider feet and they fit perfectly (you may not like them if you have skinny feet!) and true to size lengthwise. They are wider across the toes if that makes sense. If you are looking for sport type sandals, try ZBSports.com. They have great prices, but their shipping is extremely slow (give yourself about 2 weeks). There is usually a 10% off code floating around for them too-try retailmenot.com for codes.

I also bought a pair of Keens and hated them. They didn't fit right in my arches and the bottoms were very hard to walk on (no cushioning). I would recommend going to your local store and trying them on, then ordering from the internet to get cheaper pricing.

my Keens last year. I love my keens they're so comfortable. They can get wet and dry out quickly. This is the kind I wore:

http://shoesurfing.com/Library//images/Keen Womens Sandal Newport Bronze Green 1.jpg

I just bought those in brown about 2 weeks ago. I've worn them twice so far running errands. Feet didn't hurt at all at the end of the day.

I also bought the Orthoheel "wave" flip flops. I've worn those more and wow I like (feet do too)! It did take about 3 days for the stiffness/strachyness from under the strap to go away.

Well I ordered a pair of Teva Dozers, West Waters, and a pair of the Crocs Trailbreaks? for my husband. I am hoping they work because I have narrow skinny feet! If not I have written down everyone's suggestions and I am gonna keep searching until my trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter